GUNNER

Full Rasp - Axl Rose on the top of his game

GUNNER    3,542

What a band ... :amen:

Post videos of Axl showing how to do it, when youtube wasn't outta get his rasp yet.

Trin9498    155
16 minutes ago, sixes said:

that Civil War has rasp and Axl telling jokes!!

And it looks like he has shoulder pads on!

GnRLiars    1,601
47 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

One of my absolute fav 1987 shows, FULL RASP:

TOO MUCH RASP, almost painful to listen

I was at that Toronto show

Amir    133

From a recent show:

I was on the other side of the stadium in the cheap seats and I was still blown away and had chills down my spine. Seen this line-up do it a couple of times since (Tokyo and London), but neither time did Axl have much rasp at all. I'll always remember this performance, best thing I've personally seen on NITL.

Damn_Smooth    4,508
12 minutes ago, Amir said:

From a recent show:

I was on the other side of the stadium in the cheap seats and I was still blown away and had chills down my spine. Seen this line-up do it a couple of times since (Tokyo and London), but neither time did Axl have much rasp at all. I'll always remember this performance, best thing I've personally seen on NITL.

Now that's what an old fat Axl should sound like.

Budd Dwyer    2,407
2 hours ago, Amir said:

From a recent show:

Yep, it's close to what we should call a good GNR performance from Axl these days

After nuggets like this, i can't help but feel sad about how 2017 went down

Seems like if he REALLY wants, he could still perform the classic AFD songs with his trademark voice

MBrose    362
On 13-6-2017 at 1:21 AM, Trin9498 said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Needed more than just a like. He is awesome here in every way.

Barry    101
On 7/15/2017 at 1:32 PM, GNS said:

Coked off his nut. 

He needs to get back on that shit ASAP. 

GNS    544
4 hours ago, Barry said:

Coked off his nut. 

He needs to get back on that shit ASAP. 

how can you tell? he's on something though for sure.

Barry    101
6 hours ago, GNS said:

how can you tell? he's on something though for sure.

I can't be sure. He just seemed so intensely into it during some of the shows in those years. He had that confidence in himself on-stage that we never saw in the 2001-2, or post Rio 2011. There were stories of him being on the ching from 2006 - 2010.

My other theory is that he was off the anti-depressants during thee years. I mean, he seemed pretty nutty during this time. Then during the break after 2010, back on them, pile on a couple of stones, then turn up to Rio forgetting words to songs, looking completely lost, and sounding like shit.

Amir    133
5 hours ago, Barry said:

I can't be sure. He just seemed so intensely into it during some of the shows in those years. He had that confidence in himself on-stage that we never saw in the 2001-2, or post Rio 2011. There were stories of him being on the ching from 2006 - 2010.

My other theory is that he was off the anti-depressants during thee years. I mean, he seemed pretty nutty during this time. Then during the break after 2010, back on them, pile on a couple of stones, then turn up to Rio forgetting words to songs, looking completely lost, and sounding like shit.

I think anger and feeling like he had something to prove really fuelled him in 2009-10. It was clear he wasn't happy with the release of ChiDem as he was AWOL until the online chats a few weeks later. At the Taipei show I think he said the past year was the worst year of his life.

Remember when Axl said all upcoming shows were cancelled in August 2010?: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/956845/axl-roses-twitter-account-hacked-tour-still-on

The GNR camp claim his account was hacked. MSL said Axl wanted to release the second part of Chinese in 2010. Not sure how true that is, but it would fit with him being upset and going on Twitter to cancel shows.

After the L'Arc show I was with a small group of fans who got Axl's signature etc. One of them asked when the new album was coming and he replied with something like "We're trying to see what our deal with the label is right now." I doubt Universal would have jumped at the chance to release the second part of an album that did not perform that well and partly sold what copies it did based on the hype that a follow-up would not have.

From 2011-14, I think Axl was sad that all his plans had gone to shit. I think there's still a part of him that wants to release a follow-up to Chinese (he mentioned he'll see if Slash wants to be part of it at that China Exchange talk), but the other part of him knows that that won't be accepted by many, and I doubt he wants to relive the critical drubbing/lack of attention Chinese got in the first place.

On topic:

Amir    133

Speaking of 2009, my favourite Nightrain from that era, love it when he goes extra high on the first verse: