Spaceman

Nothing But a Memory of the Asshole he once was.

41 posts in this topic

Scott Weiland, a true poet. R.I.P. brother.

 

102905.2e16d0ba.fill-295x279.jpg

Get in the ring. Go to the gym, motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig, motherfucker. I think I'll resist the urge to 'stoop' to your level. Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox-faced, wig-wearin' fuck! O.K., I feel better now.

 

"Don’t think for a second we don't know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind — the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now, bitch?

 

"Damn, I couldn't imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out, man, and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called 'band' to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name.

 

"How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player 'spineless?' We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that's right — you bailed out on your long-awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling, shall we say, a trifle miffed?! I won't even list what I've accomplished because I don't need to. What we're talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does this have to do with MSL?

 

 

That was a massive owning by Weiland. Axl brought it on himself and I doubt he was expecting such a response. GNR were attempting to launch another comeback but instead of focusing on THAT, the Slash obsession...especially amongst his minions....got kicked into overdrive. They wound up including Weiland's name in that mess and he fired back.

 

Weiland went overboard in his remarks of course but it was justified IMO.

 

 

2006 was such a crazy time. I am in the minority that believes a reunion was attempted under the radar in mid-late 2005 and it blew up in their faces.....which led to the infamous Slash visit to Axl's house going public, the crap with Beta, and the fallout was a quickly assembled comeback tour as plan B and they needed leaks to help give it some press and to immediately get hardcores on board with it. No one was buying another comeback without music and they knew that.

 

If they'll ever do interviews, they need to be asked about what was going on behind closed doors at the time. Weiland and Halfin have both claimed that a reunion was in the works and I believe it.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, time has proved Axl was probably telling the truth. Duff is spineless and Scott was a third rate grunge singer. Nowhere near Cobain, Layne or even Eddie Vedder. 12 years later, Slash and Duff are back under Axl's wing like obedient little dogs, playing their master's songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Miser said:

To be fair, time has proved Axl was probably telling the truth. Duff is spineless and Scott was a third rate grunge singer. Nowhere near Cobain, Layne or even Eddie Vedder. 12 years later, Slash and Duff are back under Axl's wing like obedient little dogs, playing their master's songs.

Lol. 

Axl would have been playing to crowds of 5,000 to 10,000 people a night in 2017 with whatever lineup he threw together. 

 

With Slash and Duff, GnR is now playing to 50,000 people a show.

 

Obedient little dogs and their master? Touring the world, playing in a band you helped make popular, playing songs you helped create - while making tens of millions of dollars for two years work. But hey, they have to play two songs a show that they didn't write (along with ALL the other covers GnR plays)......yea, what lap dogs they are. Smh. 

 

Slash is LAUGHING his way to the bank. Making more money in a week than you will make in the next 25 years. 

 

It's hard not to crush you when you make such stupid posts. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Lol. 

Axl would have been playing to crowds of 5,000 to 10,000 people a night in 2017 with whatever lineup he threw together. 

 

With Slash and Duff, GnR is now playing to 50,000 people a show.

 

Obedient little dogs and their master? Touring the world, playing in a band you helped make popular, playing songs you helped create - while making tens of millions of dollars for two years work. But hey, they have to play two songs a show that they didn't write (along with ALL the other covers GnR plays)......yea, what lap dogs they are. Smh. 

 

Slash is LAUGHING his way to the bank. Making more money in a week than you will make in the next 25 years. 

 

It's hard not to crush you when you make such stupid posts. 

 

They sacrificed their dignity for the almighty dollar. They went back to a man who was clearly abusive, controlling and disrespectful toward them for a payday. I'd take dignity over money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miser said:

 

They sacrificed their dignity for the almighty dollar. They went back to a man who was clearly abusive, controlling and disrespectful toward them for a payday. I'd take dignity over money.

It was really more that they would all be utterly fucked without it really. Duff was literally sitting on the shitter doing absolutely nothing, Slash was seemingly dicked from his divorce, and Axl could barely make shit Vegas residencies worth promoters time by the end of nu guns. Fuckin ay, the last real US tour nu guns did was after a five year absence and they were still playing practically half empty arenas and plummeting :lol:

 

Shit is shit, not at all denying it, but there was really only one way out for all of them by the time the "reunion" finally happened, and not a living soul on this planet wouldn't have taken it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miser said:

 

They sacrificed their dignity for the almighty dollar. They went back to a man who was clearly abusive, controlling and disrespectful toward them for a payday. I'd take dignity over money.

aren't we all?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any defense of Slash's integrity goes flying out the window with his Sorry performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The integrity argument has got to be one of the most stupid things we have around here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

aren't we all?

 

 

Not me, broue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Miser said:

 

They sacrificed their dignity for the almighty dollar. They went back to a man who was clearly abusive, controlling and disrespectful toward them for a payday. I'd take dignity over money.

Lol, sure you would. 

 

Why do YOU get to decide who has dignity and who doesn't? Why are you the moral authority on what other people can and can't do. Why do you think YOU are in position to judge other people this harshly?

 

Slash is a rock guitar player. He is playing in the band he helped create. In front of 50,000 people a show. And getting paid between $250,000 to $500,000 for those two hours of work. 

 

Its a fucking rock and roll band, Miser. This isn't life or death. We aren't talking about his character as a human, how he treats and effects people in real life. He isn't selling drugs, stealing money, raping women....:he is playing guitar in a rock band who hasn't had a "hit" song in 25 years. 

 

You clearly don't understand the actual meaning of the word dignity or character. 

 

Axl called Slash a cancer and implies GnR would have been better off wifhout him. Yet.....once his GnR tours kept getting smaller and smaller, guess who Axl begged to come back?

 

Anybody talking about dignity, character and selling your souls in relation to a bunch of 55 year old hard rock musicians is a fucking retard who takes themselves way too seriously. 

 

Thia tour is about three aging rock stars who realized their ability to earn money playing their music was significantly decreasing every year. To change that fact, they decided to get back together and increase their earning potentiomal a hundred fold. 

 

Pretty easy choice. 

2017 - GnR 7,500 a show, Slash and Myles 1,500 a show, Loaded 100 a show. 

 

Or get baxo together and charge 3 million dollars just to show up. 

 

Lol. Loss of dignity for playing a rock song. You guys need to grow up and start living in the real world. 

 

**********

 

And stop sending me PMs. It's weird. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maynard said:

The integrity argument has got to be one of the most stupid things we have around here. 

In relation to a rock band that hasn't had a hit since 1992 - ya, it's pretty idiotic. 

 

Why do these people think they are in the position to judge others and make these judgements of character?

 

Axl beating up his girlfriends. Izzy selling heroin. These are character issues. Playing a rock song? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. 

 

When did so many young people turn into such SJWs? I was just reading a sports story and the snowflakes were saying the same thing about a losing player - no class, no character - because he didn't shake hands with the opposing team after a game. 

 

They throw out the "no class" and "no dignity" card at things that most normal people don't care about. I guess it's their way to try and appear superior to everybody else? 

 

The millenials get offended over the weirdest stuff. 

 

Ive been fired from one job in my life.  If they called me up today and offered me two million dollars to come back for a year....I would ask "when do I start."  Lol at guys making 20 grand a year bashing people making tens of millions and saying "I wouldn't do that for any amount of money. Dignity is more important." Hilarious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Miser said:

 

They sacrificed their dignity for the almighty dollar. They went back to a man who was clearly abusive, controlling and disrespectful toward them for a payday. I'd take dignity over money.


People change, man ... especially when they hit their 50's.  When this reunion first started last year, nearly every article I read before each show included questions about whether Axl will be hours late or not show up at all or throw a temper tantrum on stage or start a fight with a fan or bandmember.  It's as if the writers were still stuck in the 90's, because (understandably) they hadn't been paying attention to him the past 20 years.

But those who were paying attention, know that Axl is no longer the abusive controlling disrespectful jerk that he used to be.  And the proof isn't just with the "We Are Family" vibe that's been going on with GNR for over a year now, but also the way Axl was embraced by AC/DC and got along so well with that band too.  I mean what more does he have to do to prove he's not the same dude he was 20 years ago?  He's matured and mellowed, it's part of the aging process.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apollo said:

In relation to a rock band that hasn't had a hit since 1992 - ya, it's pretty idiotic. 

 

Why do these people think they are in the position to judge others and make these judgements of character?

 

Axl beating up his girlfriends. Izzy selling heroin. These are character issues. Playing a rock song? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. 

 

When did so many young people turn into such SJWs? I was just reading a sports story and the snowflakes were saying the same thing about a losing player - no class, no character - because he didn't shake hands with the opposing team after a game. 

 

They throw out the "no class" and "no dignity" card at things that most normal people don't care about. I guess it's their way to try and appear superior to everybody else? 

 

The millenials get offended over the weirdest stuff. 

 

Ive been fired from one job in my life.  If they called me up today and offered me two million dollars to come back for a year....I would ask "when do I start."  Lol at guys making 20 grand a year bashing people making tens of millions and saying "I wouldn't do that for any amount of money. Dignity is more important." Hilarious. 


There is actually such a thing as integrity in music. Robert Plant has turned down numerous multi-million, perhaps even billion dollar offers to reunite with Page and Jones to do a reunion tour. That's integrity.

It has nothing to do with 'being offended' lmao. It has to do with the tour being half-assed and lackluster. If you're not gonna give your all to something don't bother doing it. Like you - you're giving your all to harassing me as of late. That's dedication. Something the current band are lacking when they play live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Axl called Slash a cancer

 

 

Never happened.

 

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

and implies GnR would have been better off wifhout him

 

 

You misunderstood his words.

 

The thing is, if Slash left GnR  (also) because of the musical direction Axl wanted to take the band (no classic/afd rock) and didnt want evolution, Slash should have left the band after Lies, since UYI was also very different from AFD.

 

That comment was just Axl talking about Slash's lack of coherence. If you think he meant he wished Slash had left the band, then you are dumber than him.

 

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

And stop sending me PMs. It's weird. 

 

Who? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miser said:


There is actually such a thing as integrity in music. Robert Plant has turned down numerous multi-million, perhaps even billion dollar offers to reunite with Page and Jones to do a reunion tour. That's integrity.

It has nothing to do with 'being offended' lmao. It has to do with the tour being half-assed and lackluster. If you're not gonna give your all to something don't bother doing it. Like you - you're giving your all to harassing me as of late. That's dedication. Something the current band are lacking when they play live.

The only member who is seriously a half-assed performer is Axl Rose

Compare his effort in AC/DC

That is all you need to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

The only member who is seriously a half-assed performer is Axl Rose

Compare his effort in AC/DC

That is all you need to know


Slash has struck me as being pretty much on autopilot, too, though. It ain't just Axl's out of shape performances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now