Sign in to follow this  
Budd Dwyer

What if Metallica wrote one of their songs in a previously good tone?

Let's start here

This is fucking amazing

Here's the original guy who make these videos:GuitarRazze

This one goes for @bran

different guy

even St. Anger tones sounds impressive

There is more, if you like it, i'm sure you'll find the others

All in all, i'm surprised how good these riffs and solos are with the AJFA/Black album etc. tones

It shows that Lars and the production are the two weakest links, but they can still write some good stuff. All they need is the right tone. 

You know, Lars gets a lot of shit, but if you look at any of the "making of" for Hardwired that Metallica has posted, he had a very big hand in writing this album. As did he have a very big hand in writing their masterpieces (Puppets). I'll take acceptable drumming and amazing writing over Dream Theater doing the opposite.

11 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

You know, Lars gets a lot of shit, but if you look at any of the "making of" for Hardwired that Metallica has posted, he had a very big hand in writing this album. As did he have a very big hand in writing their masterpieces (Puppets). I'll take acceptable drumming and amazing writing over Dream Theater doing the opposite.

Yeah, it's true, but nowadays, he came up with the "instead of working on new things, let's make this part 10 times longer" type ideas -> ruining songs and albums