8==D

Gilby Clarke Appreciation Thread

The reason the SCOM videos are brought up is because for some reason, Gilby feels the need to tour and play a handful of GNR songs (terribly) that he had absolutely nothing to do with creating. If Bumblefoot did this, for example, we'd have a weekly updated lol thread about it.

Izzy doesn't rape AFD at dive bars on a nightly basis, so he gets a pass. Even if he did do that, he has the right, as he wrote most of the songs. Gilby is a pathetic hanger-on who has accomplished zero in the music industry outside of subbing for a superior guitarist for a tour and covers album and appearing on a failed reality show.

13 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Shuffle it All is better than most GNR songs tbh

Boring, uninspired, Gilby-level song. Izzy is such a shitty solo artist.

My opinion Izzy is the best for GNR when it comes to being the  rhythm  guitarist .

Fortus is probably the most skilled 

Gilby is a good dude and was a nice fill in

Tobias can fuck himself

Speaking of Paul Huge, it's time for today's fact!

Did you know that Paul Tobias, having contributed to two officially released, original GNR songs (not even counting CD), has thus objectively contributed moreso to GNR than Gilby Clarke?

Crazy ain't it? Be ready bright and early tomorrow for another rousing tidbit!

I always liked Gilby.  But dear god that SCOM was just abysmal and BBF level embarrassing.

I bught Pawn Shop Guitars back in like 95 or so for a buck from the used record store.  It had Axl backing vocals on Dead Flowers which is sweet as hell, and also one really good catchy tune called Skin n Bones which is hands down my favorite song from any former or current Gunner's solo album.   I don't remember any of his other songs.

I also bought Duff's cd for a buck but got rid of it.  I only remember pre-exploded-pancreas bloated as fuck Duff wailing "Believe in me!"  but it came out as "beliieevee aaahh maaaaahh"

That solo Gilby used to play before Patience is more complex than any Izzy solo song ever written. How shitty one must be to be an inferior musician compared to Gilby "Mr. Nobody" Clarke.

3 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Speaking of Paul Huge, it's time for today's fact!

Did you know that Paul Tobias, having contributed to two officially released, original GNR songs (not even counting CD), has thus objectively contributed moreso to GNR than Gilby Clarke?

Crazy ain't it? Be ready bright and early tomorrow for another rousing tidbit!

Did you know Tobias joining the band was the straw that broke the Camels back !

And ushered in the NUGNR era

giphy.gif

I wonder if Gilby would yell NIGHTRAAAAINNN in the right time if he was invited to play with GNR. Not NuGNR in a russian wedding, I mean Axl-Slash-Duff GNR.

1 hour ago, bacardimayne said:

I'd rather have been at that Russian wedding than any show from this shit tour since Coachella

Of course you would, you are an idiot.

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM, bacardimayne said:

Paul Huge did nothing wrong

He saved GnR

1 hour ago, altered beast said:

At this point, would Gilby and Slash basically be equals in the band as employees?  lol

Lol no. Slash is in the partnershit making a double figure percentage of the profits. If Gilby were involved he'd be on a tiny salary.

I guess you're right.  I was just trolling maynard since he wants to drink from slash's ass.  But anyway I bet Gilbeyee would be paid more than Izzy. /possibly true

Gibly would be subcontracted at minimum wage. No benefits and provide your own transportation. Basically the unconscionable way they treated Adler, except for Gibly that's a fair deal.