Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

Are we being too tough on Axl and the band ?

Yeah, Slash, although on autopilot is the least of the problems. He would be the reason for me to actually go see them if they came really close to where I live.

He looked bored in SMKC too, it's just his current self, hard to change at this point. He still does some moves and jumps Axl can only dream of.

We must not forget, this semi-reunion is still the best thing to happen to this band since 1993. So, as bad as it is, it was, for a while, something new and exciting.

The last exciting news from Axl/GNR for me was the 'Better' leak back in 2006(?).

I'm definitely not saying we should be thankful or not be too harsh. They deserve lots of criticism and bashing.

But for a while, it felt good to be a GNR fan again last year.

That's why I don't complain that much, I really prefer it over the NuGNR/Ashba years, even though they were much more hilarious.

They should have waited a couple months before announcing the regrouping tour and used that time to record a new album. 

Slash/Duff pick their 4-5 favorite Cd2 songs. Grab the best leftover "classic live up" songs that are apparently still in the vault. Have Slash, Duff and Izzy each being a couple songs in. Then spend a month writing a few songs together. Then pick the 12 best songs. 

So when the reunion was officially announced - it was in support of a brand new GnR album.

Seems like playing new material every show might give the boys a little more enthusiasm than playing SCOM for the 726th time. 

5 hours ago, John Bonham said:

It's been 25 years, 6 months, and 1 day since Use Your Illusion came out, and this band has released 15 songs in that time... sad!

Ha! saw what you did there.

20 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I think it's time for Axl to start lip synching. His voice has become a problem.

I'd like to see him at least give down-tuning a shot. When James Hetfield lost his voice recording "So What?", Metallica began playing their concerts and recording all new material in E-minor instead of E. I'm curious as to whether or not dropping a semitone would improve things.

On 3/17/2017 at 9:06 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Explains the weight gain :meadow:

It's time we put this myth to bed.

Ladies: Semen is very low in calories, about 25 calories per teaspoon.

You know what makes you fat? Getting pregnant.

On 17/03/2017 at 5:13 PM, bacardimayne said:

"moves and jumps"

:rofl-lol:

5000 youtube videos that prove my point but I'm sure the "Edgy GNFNR Member Guidebook" won't allow you to agree with me, right Broski's bestie?

26 minutes ago, maynard said:

5000 youtube videos that prove my point but I'm sure the "Edgy GNFNR Member Guidebook" won't allow you to agree with me, right Broski's bestie?

I think he meant the mere point (moves and jumps) is a laughing stock, even if it's true

For what it's worth, i'd still rather see Slash than any other previous lead guitarist with the band

5 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

I think he meant the mere point (moves and jumps) is a laughing stock, even if it's true

For what it's worth, i'd still rather see Slash than any other previous lead guitarist with the band

He took this part out of context. I said he moves and jumps in a way Axl can only dream of. Very pathetic from Bacardi, as usual.

On 03/18/2017 at 6:33 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Shit Cardi you still sound like a believer.

bro it's the fat and laziness of Axl the fuck still has his voice under the extra 60 pounds. Trust me. I'm a fat guy right now. It effects shit.

I miss 06 Axl :(

I love that we now have a resident "being fat" expert to call on in matters regarding Axl's fat.

It's like those guys they call in on Pawn Stars. "Oh, you have a Battleship piece from the old folks home where George Bush's sister stayed for a few weeks? I have an expert on that, I'll give him a call."

You missed the point.

but you get a  A for creativity in your post.

Instead of 30 pounds what changed from 09 early 10 shows to the rir disaster ?

Instead of 30 pounds what changed from 09 early 10 shows to the rir disaster ?

The amount of fucks being given?