Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Brasky

Are we being too tough on Axl and the band ?

46 posts in this topic

If "then" had been 1988 and the Roxy, there's no contest. But they weren't that hot in 92 and they're ok now.

Both Axl and Slash don't look good in 2017, I think thats where a lot of the hate comes in.

They look fat and unhealthy in a bad way.

Then there is the lack of passion. Understandable but the band need to loosen up, improvise something, smile, whatever.

I've said it before but the only thing that can save this tour and the band in my eyes is a fluid setlist. Right now=very boring, don't think we're being too hard.

so yeah, no new music and a completely stale tour. Hurt feelings everywhere.

1 person likes this

Depends of the individual opinion of a poster

Your two videos clearly shows why this is a shameless money grab, so i'd say not the best example for a comparison, lol

That being said, of course the reunion is boring. For us. For the fans whom lived through the Axl shitshow. The mediocre solo album from xyz members years. The stale setlists. Fake marketing, another version of NuGNR etc. But what can we expect really? Without new music, even setlist changes are boring after a while.

This band is dead, as far as i'm concerned, but for one night, it was good last year, purely for the nostalgia factor. Still, the past 20 years not really worth all that shit. 

The only remotely interesting thing (after the first few GNR shows and the novelty wearing off) was AC/DC. That was truly unexpected. Deep down inside we all know a reunion is inevitable at some point. A totally new BIG band, Axl rehearsing, sing like a beast at 54, now that was something

GNR (since 2011) was a bloated, putrid corpse with eyeliners. We had the best year (maybe not vocally) since 2006, imho

1 person likes this

1992 being shit (which is not a new revelation) does NOT make the nitl tour good

1 person likes this

I don't think we're being too hard on them. Most glaring difference between those two videos is Axl's voice. YCBM sounds so lame with Mickey. He goes through the motions with his band, but actually puts forth some effort with AC/DC. Fuck that guy.

Slash isn't much better. He looks bored on stage and probably only signed up for this because Perla took him to the cleaners with the divorce. The poor sumna bitch has to play "This I Love"  and "Sorry" every night. That has to sting a little.

No Izzy. No Steven. No interviews. Boring set lists. No sign these guys have any inclination to write together today, tomorrow, or anytime in the future. What's the point? With no music this such a lifeless, uninspiring, ca$hgrab tour.

This could have been so much more.

4 people like this

It's a real shame what happened to Axl and his career. 

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Between 1987-1991, Axl was on track to being GOAT rock frontman. He pissed it all away.

2 people like this

Not sure if this thread is serious or not. Every aspect of that 1st video was exactly 14,746,934.7039236 times better than the 2nd video.

4 people like this

6 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Not sure if this thread is serious or not. Every aspect of that 1st video was exactly 14,746,934.7039236 times better than the 2nd video.

So you finally watched a reunion performance?

21 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

So you finally watched a reunion performance?

Unfortunately. I thought it was going to be somewhat decent since it was being compared to a '92 performance. I know '92 wasn't their best year, but it still kicks the shit out of the current travesty. I won't be making the same mistake again though. From now on I'm just going to insult things based off of what they sound like in my head.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

It is not.

im pissed. It really is Axl's fault.

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Dr. Brownstone said:

Give this man some reggae.

That was great. That was GnR on the top of the world.

1 person likes this

The magic of seeing Axl and Salsh together has already worn off. It was cool to watch certain songs with them but that's simply not good enough. I can't be like those Axl apologists who would admit their prince sucks 'but at least this' and 'at least that' or 'say what yoy want but Axel still this or that'

1 person likes this

Axl's story is a story of wasted potential. He was blessed with one of the best lead vocals in rock ever.

87-92 he kicked ass. 1992-2016= a waste of magnitude, one album and one tour. Axl should have sang on 12 separate albums.

I wonder if this is why he has let himself go, doesn't rehearse , looks extremely bloated ....he knows deep down he fucked up.

Axl Rose should have been THE rock n roll frontman and spokesperson, instead Cobain scared him into a coma and he's still there.

3 people like this

At first when I started watching "reunion" videos, I thought it was just Slash who was bored. That is still true. I mean, for fuck sakes, take the fucking hat off, bob your head, move around. If your bald, your bald. Look at pics of  Thayle, Hammett or Dio, they have (had) thinning hair and they still rock. 

But Axl isn't even trying. The power in his voice is lacking, he moves like a dancing geriatric who just got his medication upped to the max level at the old age home. It looks like he's dancing to the tune of Skip to the Loo, or If You're Happy and You Know It.

I hate this version more than Ashba and BBF. At least with them you knew what to expect. 

Franks drums suck

3 people like this

1 hour ago, GnRLiars said:

At first when I started watching "reunion" videos, I thought it was just Slash who was bored. That is still true. I mean, for fuck sakes, take the fucking hat off, bob your head, move around. If your bald, your bald. Look at pics of  Thayle, Hammett or Dio, they have (had) thinning hair and they still rock. 

But Axl isn't even trying. The power in his voice is lacking, he moves like a dancing geriatric who just got his medication upped to the max level at the old age home. It looks like he's dancing to the tune of Skip to the Loo, or If You're Happy and You Know It.

I hate this version more than Ashba and BBF. At least with them you knew what to expect. 

Franks drums suck

Who the fuck cares about a fucking top hat? :lol:  It's not the core problem here

The problem here is lack of new music, therefore this whole thing can't be more than a nostalgia cash grab. it just can't

Besides, Slash plays some great solos when his solo spot comes

I really don't get the Slash hate here.

Axl is 1000 times worse compared to his former self and that's what really matters, that's what really ruin even this nostalgia cash grab tour

3 people like this

12 hours ago, Apollo said:

He ruined it for himself, the band, and us.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Who the fuck cares about a fucking top hat? :lol:  It's not the core problem here

The problem here is lack of new music, therefore this whole thing can't be more than a nostalgia cash grab. it just can't

Axl is 1000 times worse compared to his former self and that's what really matters, that's what really ruin even this nostalgia cash grab tour

The main issues are Axl's lack of voice and refusal to get in shape, Slash looking obviously bored and not wanting to be there and going through the motions, and the fact that you have the Diversity Hires on drums and keyboards. No Izzy/Gilby and Steven/Matt drag it down, too. It sucks. I saw Green Day last night with my girlfriend, and I don't even like that band really but compared to NuOld GN'R, it was a real rock show with energy, passion, dedication and respect for the fans on the part of the band. GN'R is a joke and has been for almost 20 years now.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Yes Axl sucks. 

Im not hating on Slash. The top hat thing reinforces the fact he's a novelty act. 

It no way shape or form affects his playing. 

I've seen him live so many times I can't count. He's just not into it

In case you missed it

Axl sucks