• Announcements

• John Bonham

It's GNFNR fundraising time again, please help us stay on-line   05/27/2017

Thanks to everyone who makes this place so much fun to visit, and THANK YOU to everyone who donated last January. The good news/bad news is that GunsNFNRoses has outgrown its current hosting plan, and if we want to stay online we are going to need to upgrade.   You can donate any amount, large or small (via PayPal). My PayPal username is matt.grillo@gmail.com Please enter your forum username so I can match up your contribution with your username. Thank you!   Every dollar helps. If you don't have PayPal a simple check would do. You can mail it directly to me, please PM me for my mailing address. I appreciate your support.   I do not want banner ads here so if you can help us out it would be appreciated. I dislike begging for money for the site but such is life... Thanks for understanding. I really appreciate all of your support. Please help  by donating now, THANK YOU GNFNR MEMBERS!
Miser

Making F@ckin' Videos: Axl's descent into megalomania, self indulgence, and insanity

67 posts in this topic

I had the the Don't Cry and Estranged ones on VHS back in the day. I've never seen the November Rain one. The ones I did see were pretty cringe worthy, and that's coming from someone who was a hardcore GNR fan at the time. Axl hangs out with some real tools. Del James? LOL!

8 hours ago, Miser said:

Despite Kurt's trash talk, Axl was determined to bring Nirvana on tour with GN'R. "Guns N' Roses was about to do this massive stadium tour with Metallica, and they wanted us to open," Dave Grohl would later recall. "So Axl had been calling Kurt nonstop. One day we're walking through an airport and Kurt says, 'Fuck. Axl Rose won't stop calling me.'"

Axl: "I'd like to hear Nirvana do "Welcome To The Jungle." That's what I'd like to hear. I'd like to hear Nirvana do "Jungle" their way, however that is. And maybe Nine Inch Nails do anything, do "Estranged."

:wank:

8 hours ago, Miser said:

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

This perfectly sums up Axl. He attempts to virtue signal his fake concern about a colossal tragedy and then he makes it entirely about himself and how no one else is as thoughtful as he is. Everyone else is just Out Ta Get Axl.

Oh, the humanity! If only more people had deep brainthoughts about Chinese stew and Falun Gong!

Self-involved, self-pitying twat.

3 people like this

It took a few attempts but I got through all three Making Of videos a few weeks back.

If there is any doubt as to why there hasn't been any more footage released from that time period, especially the long rumored "UYI Tour Documentary"...just watch this utter cringefest and there's your answer.

If you haven't watched them in a while, I highly recommend it.  And don't just skip ahead to Estranged for the good stuff....watch the WHOLE thing to appreciate the process of the devolution.  The Josh Richman stuff is just precious.  What a fucking tool.   And then he's absent in 2 and 3, not even mentioned, as if he never existed.

Slash and Duff and Gilby are just utterly miserable throughout the entire process.   Slash is like "Oh you want me to float down the street/play in the desert/emerge from the water like Jesus?  Whatever, I don't even give a fuck anymore."

3 people like this

I like Nirvana but Kurt wasnt doing gnr justice here. Guns still was a good band. And Duff, Slash and Gilby are/were musicians with integrity. The New thing always has to seperate itself from the old one. Having said that I agree with everything said about the misunderstood 12 min piano ballad man.

Nirvana is one of my favorite bands but Kurt was an even bigger douche than Axl is, and his cultural influence was absolutely corrosive. I don't think it would be difficult to draw a straight line from Kurt Cobain to antifa.

3 people like this

38 minutes ago, magisme said:

Nirvana is one of my favorite bands but Kurt was an even bigger douche than Axl is, and his cultural influence was absolutely corrosive. I don't think it would be difficult to draw a straight line from Kurt Cobain to antifa.

I also am a big fan of Nirvana. Watching Montage of Heck made me realize what a fuck up Kurt was. 

Towards the end where he's with (the murderer) Courtney and his daughter, he's blazed out of his skull. It's sad

however, I will maintain that Nirvana Unplugged is one of my favourite albums of all time. It's incredible

1 person likes this

I have never seen these videos. I remember when they came out, I was kinda sick of GnR. They weren't the same band that put out Lies and AFD. 

But it I would like to see them. EBay and Amazon only have VHS copies for sale. Anyone have any sources?

Have any of you guys watched the "Making F@ckin' Videos" series lately?

Nope

I have never seen these videos. I remember when they came out, I was kinda sick of GnR. They weren't the same band that put out Lies and AFD. 

But it I would like to see them. EBay and Amazon only have VHS copies for sale. Anyone have any sources?

Yeah, youtube

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, GnRLiars said:

2 people like this

Was this from the same era where he was paying Yoda fifty grand a pop for seaweed wrap exorcisms? THE POWER OF PLANKTON COMPELS YOU!

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

Was this from the same era where he was paying Yoda fifty grand a pop for seaweed wrap exorcisms? THE POWER OF PLANKTON COMPELS YOU!

Yes.

Izzy has the peace of mind knowing he didn't take part in these embarrassing music videos.

Everyone else should be ashamed of themselves.

Those videos are great and are part of what made GnR a huge, epic, worldwide band.

They should have done many more.

12 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

They should have done many more.

True. But they didn't have more songs.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

True. But they didn't have more songs.

They did. The songs Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby etc were writing were just not industrial enough for Axl.

What kind of asshole has the best band in the world, doing the best american rock and wants to turn it in some shit noisy industrial rock?

2 people like this

2 hours ago, GUNNER said:

What kind of asshole has the best band in the world, doing the best american rock and wants to turn it in some shit noisy industrial rock?

The fattest, shittest asshole.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, GUNNER said:

An asshole who has his head so far up his own ass he can't see daylight, who believes in sniffing vibes and that his ex-wife was an Indian who butchered their children in a past life?

No.

Axl is a smart guy. It never happened. He never wanted to turn GnR into a industrial rock band.

On 03/18/2017 at 10:36 AM, Miser said:

They did. The songs Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby etc were writing were just not industrial enough for Axl.

EVery day I thank the lord Jesus almighty that there are no shit Gilby songs on gnr albums

I wish there were more Pawnshop Guitars type of songs in the GNR discography. But sure, Paul Tobias is much better. lol.