• Announcements

• John Bonham

It's GNFNR fundraising time again, please help us stay on-line   05/27/2017

Thanks to everyone who makes this place so much fun to visit, and THANK YOU to everyone who donated last January. The good news/bad news is that GunsNFNRoses has outgrown its current hosting plan, and if we want to stay online we are going to need to upgrade.   You can donate any amount, large or small (via PayPal). My PayPal username is matt.grillo@gmail.com Please enter your forum username so I can match up your contribution with your username. Thank you!   Every dollar helps. If you don't have PayPal a simple check would do. You can mail it directly to me, please PM me for my mailing address. I appreciate your support.   I do not want banner ads here so if you can help us out it would be appreciated. I dislike begging for money for the site but such is life... Thanks for understanding. I really appreciate all of your support. Please help  by donating now, THANK YOU GNFNR MEMBERS!
LADoll

REASONABLE expectations for the future

39 posts in this topic

so yeah, what we can we reasonably expect within the next 5-10 years from GNR (Axl, Slash and Duff)?

A tour that never ends with the same setlist? a new cover thrown in the mix? tour ends, then 6 yrs silence, tour begins again with same setlist?

I have  no more hopes for this tour, it will never end and the setlist will never change. we've seen this before with Axl. We know whats up.

I hope for archival releases. Live albums from the 80s and 90s. Remastered Appetite and Illusions with bonus tracks in box sets and on vinyl.

is that realistic ? Probably not. Just really hope something interesting will happen to GNR, Axl has now toured Appetite his whole life. He knows nothing else.

1 person likes this

AC/DC being Axl's main focus (rasp and music).

Lots of touring, same setlists.

Line-up changes.

One single album before 2020. Not selling as much as Chinese Democracy.

Original five reunion shows.

Living The Dream in Music & Business, inside the mind of Darren Jay Ashba: a story of life, fate and rock n' roll.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

AC/DC being Axl's main focus (rasp and music).

Lots of touring, same setlists.

Line-up changes.

One single album before 2020. Not selling as much as Chinese Democracy.

Original five reunion shows.

Living The Dream in Music & Business, inside the mind of Darren Jay Ashba: a story of life, fate and rock n' roll.

an album?? and before 2020? lol

7 minutes ago, LADoll said:

an album?? and before 2020? lol

2018 ACDC, 2019 GnR, or maybe at the same time?? one bluray too.

CD2 stuff with more or less Slash & Duff, but also Buckethead, Robin, Fortus, DJ, Bumblefoot and Tommy because Axl has the final word.

1 person likes this

Just now, Spaceman said:

2018 ACDC, 2019 GnR, or maybe at the same time?? one bluray too.

CD2 stuff with more or less Slash & Duff, but also Buckethead, Robin, Bumblefoot and Tommy because Axl has the final word.

gotcha. the double vinyl CD2 with Slash and Bucket on Co-lead will be awesome. 

Just now, LADoll said:

gotcha. the double vinyl CD2 with Slash and Bucket on Co-lead will be awesome. 

As much as I like Slash, some things are better left untouched. Think Robin with This I Love or Buckethead in There Was A Time.

1 person likes this

Tour with the same setlist

2018: Slash records with his solo band, Axl record with AC/DC

2019: Both of them touring with their new music, no GNR

2020: Sporadic South American touring and Vegas residency, maybe work begun on some new GNR songs (aka Axl do nothing, while the rest of the band working hard to record a few guitar solos, lol) maybe even some AC/DC shows

2021: maybe a new GNR EP or an album, possible more touring with 1-2 new songs instead of the usual CD songs

2022: touring continues, Axl decides to leave AC/DC

2023: same old same old until 2025-26 when GNR plays their final show (still no Izzy or Adler)

2030: Axl chokes on a doughnut

4 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I think after this lineup plays every market once and some markets twice....that's it.   Axl retires back to Malibu and fucks models and eats himself to death in peace.

Unless he goes out with AC DC for their "last" tour...Angus is pretty old though so who knows.

Slash continues to play small venues.  Duff plays even smaller venues.  They do whatever they want and enjoy their fortunes.

I think best we can ever hope for as far as releases is a bluray of footage from NITL and a possibly repackaged greatest hits.

No new studio recordings will be released.

No archival footage will ever see the light of day, especially behind the scenes stuff, cause Axl is too embarrassed to let anyone ever see it.

The GNR "brand" will continue to churn out cheap t-shirts for walmart, beer coozies, scented candles.  Shit like that.   Songs from AFD will continue to be licensed for movies and commercials.  Anything that gets royalty money in Axl's hands without having to DO anything will continue long after he's dead and the money is going directly to Beta's grandchildren.

At some point after his death, Team Brazil will release whatever they possibly can find in "The Vault."

Mygnr members (however many are left by this time) will be horrified to discover that all that was ever in the vault was stuff we already had and maybe 2 or 3 unfinished CD songs.  (Not counting the thousands of hours of instrumentals by studio musicians with no vocal tracks.)

The end.

This is the sad, sad truth. thanks for posting. this is most likely.

2 people like this

Oh and no setlist changes, but that goes without saying.

Unless they start cutting songs....Coma's the first one to go.  It's already been skipped a few times.

2 people like this

GnR is a reanimated corpse.  Axl did this tour so he's hated less by the fans.  He'll probably do something with AC/DC, then ride off into the kitchen with rabbit sausages and his cats. 

3 hours ago, maynard said:

More touring focusing on South America.

More covers added to the set

Less and less (fake) passion from the boys

A possible AFD re-release

No interviews, no press

Rovim saying CD2 is coming because Axl said so

CD still not being properly appreciated, give it 10 more years

MYGNRFORUM becoming a Social Justice organization

Broskirose finally making it at the DJ scene as DJ TDR

Gunner still waiting for the 'coward lapdog' and his 'master' to come here

Gunner still in need for mental health treatment

Not 'master', 'commander'.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, maynard said:

No interviews, no press

I'm going to step out of my character for a second and say, this might be my favorite post on the boards in a long time :lol:

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, maynard said:

No interviews, no press

He said reasonable. Borki will never make it anywhere as DJ Trd or anything else.

Axl, The Beta and band members have all talked about anywhere from 15 to 60 finished songs being in the vault. 

Surely Axl will release them. Right?

Axl once said never wanted to be a band that just toured their old songs and didn't create new music.  Surely Axl hasn't become the very type of artist he use to have disgust for. Right ?

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Axl, The Beta and band members have all talked about anywhere from 15 to 60 finished songs being in the vault. 

Surely Axl will release them. Right?

Axl once said never wanted to be a band that just toured their old songs and didn't create new music.  Surely Axl hasn't become the very type of artist he use to have disgust for. Right ?

He used to say playing appetite night after night would be like jerking off. I guess  Axl don't need his right hand much.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, hotdogman said:

I'm going to step out of my character for a second and say, this might be my favorite post on the boards in a long time :lol:

You like the Gunner part, dont ya, sausage?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Kicking ass

Share silk worms ya prick !

2 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Share silk worms ya prick !

that'd be absurd. But I'm willing to trade that pile of flaming shit, so I'd get money or another cdII song. 

Shoutout to portuguese fans, I want Atlas Shrugged, I pay up in escrow if this ain't enough. Just make an account here in GnFnR, so that we can discuss all right.

I'll give you 20 bucks but I want a Waffle House  coupon  and silk worms !!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Portuguese hoarders are a straw man  :facepalm:

fucking  carneys have fooled the GNR community.

@dave-gnfnr2k

@gunsgui

:fyou:

1 person likes this