GUNNER

official MaYnard and GunNeR thread - Part II

Alfierose is a nice lady though in private and as a person I like her a lot. Sorry, but I had to speak out about that, don’t care what you guys think. I know many don’t like her here, but whatever. 

Downzy made some new rules for the forum and the mods are following it out.

I assume she agrees with the new rules, which is basicly making it a fanforum without that much criticism or at least not in every thread. Same goes for AG to make it political correct and friendly and I assume cause it’s the way GNR likes it. Only that way, they could remain the nr1 fanforum and have close contact with the band itself. That’s what I think happened or was asked. Also lots of fb competion and for a fanforum to survive, they need to keep in the hardcore fans.

For that to happen they had to get rid of trolls, troublemakers, the drama, political incorrect people etc. They got a lot of new members that way, but it also got a lot more boring. Basicly lost or banned a lot of long term posters cause of that. But also making it less fun imo. I get what they were/are trying to achieve, but I miss the old forum, the drama, the hilarious crazy stuff posted at times there. They banned or lost all the people I liked or even disliked but liked having there. I personally don’t blame them at all, I get it. Doesn’t mean I have to like it though. I miss many people and there are so many new ones, I lost touch with that forum. It is also too big for me.

It’s your choice to be part of that or not. It’s been that way for a long time now. For most here this is the best place for you.

27 minutes ago, MBrose said:

Alfierose is a nice lady though in private and as a person I like her a lot. Sorry, but I had to speak out about that, don’t care what you guys think. I know many don’t like her here, but whatever. 

I have nothing bad to say about her.

Downzy made some new rules for the forum and the mods are following it out.

I have nothing bad to say about him.

I assume she agrees with the new rules

I know there are some spineless staff member that doesn't agree at all with the current forum policy but accept it just to keep his little power ... lol ... ridiculous ...

For most here this is the best place for you.

I guess it's a win for us.

That's some great PR, for sure.  But I'd say some of your perceptions are skewed.  

I assume she agrees with the new rules, which is basicly making it a fanforum without that much criticism or at least not in every thread. Same goes for AG to make it political correct and friendly and I assume cause it’s the way GNR likes it. Only that way, they could remain the nr1 fanforum and have close contact with the band itself.

You're saying that GnR cares about what's posted in AG?  That's the problem with that place- they take their AG section a little too seriously, and overestimate its importance (which is kind of what you're doing). 

I don't mean to be a dick, but close contact with Team Brazil is not the same as close contact with the band itself.   They do not have close contact with the band.  They take orders from Team Brazil.  If they had close contact with the band, I would think they would have more to show for it.  I should also point out the Axl posted on the forum when it was a certain way.  Which sorta contradicts a lot of your premises.  

For that to happen they had to get rid of trolls, troublemakers, the drama, political incorrect people etc. They got a lot of new members that way, 

They got new members because of the reunion, not because of anything Downzy did.  I'm not quite sure why you're trying to spin that, although it seems to be part of a larger narrative.  They got rid of a lot of people who didn't fit into any of those categories you listed.  Given their new fascist rules, a lot of normal posters left or were banned.  I am not banned.  

Mygnr was not crawling with haters and trolls and whatever else.  You make it sound like it was some cesspool that downzy cleaned up.  It wasn't equivalent to this place.  It was full of honest fans, and there was a nice balance.  There were a few outliers on either end of the spectrum- haters, fanboys, etc.  But you're basically saying that all the people who are gone fit in to the categories of trolls, troublemakers, politically incorrect people.  That's simply not true. At all.  A large percentage of normal fans left.  That's the bottom line.  That's what's happened.  It isn't just the drama-causers who are gone.  I feel like you're trying to spin that, repeatedly.  I can't figure out why.  

Banned myself because pussification and censorship aren't things I respect or tolerate. In hindsight, I always should have been here though. Much better fit for me.

9 hours ago, altered beast said:

They  got new members because of the reunion, not because of anything Downzy did.  I'm not quite sure why you're trying to spin that, although it seems to be part of a larger narrative.  They got rid of a lot of people who didn't fit into any of those categories you listed.  Given their new fascist rules, a lot of normal posters left or were banned.  I am not banned.  

Mygnr was not crawling with haters and trolls and whatever else.  You make it sound like it was some cesspool that downzy cleaned up.  It wasn't equivalent to this place.  It was full of honest fans, and there was a nice balance.  There were a few outliers on either end of the spectrum- haters, fanboys, etc.  But you're basically saying that all the people who are gone fit in to the categories of trolls, troublemakers, politically incorrect people.  That's simply not true. At all.  A large percentage of normal fans left.  That's the bottom line.  That's what's happened.  It isn't just the drama-causers who are gone.  I feel like you're trying to spin that, repeatedly.  I can't figure out why.  

I am basicly not saying that. I am not saying it has my approval or that I totally agree. I stated what I THINK happened. They wanted to make that place more band and die hard fan friendly with the strickt rules and maintaining those. Not that I know it for sure, just my guess.

I also basicly agree with everything you just said.

I am totally not saying all people banned fitted in those boxes, that’s what the etc. was for. But I said some were banned, some were lost, with lost I mean left. I am also one of the members they kind of lost/left actually. And totally cause indeed the balance is gone and cause they banned or chased away some people, I like or even dislike, but who made the discussions more interesting, worth reading or fun imo. I do however say, I understand what they were/are going for. I understand it, but I don’t like what happened cause of that. Cause in that proces they banned and also LOST (with that I mean they left) longterm members, who made that place more interesting to me personally. He wants that place a certain way and you don’t have to like it, but he is boss in the end. You have a choice yourself, go with it or leave. So I do understand his point of view. I just don’t agree or like all of it or the outcome of it, besides it has made me lose touch with that place. All my favorite members are gone, stopped posting or are banned.

There is nothing to figure out, this is just how I look at it or feel about it. It’s also a pretty clear opinion.

I was banned after Chris Pittman attacked the place. Downzy deleted posts containing screenshots of Pittman's criticism of the forum. They tried to censor the whole thing. 

So I posted screenshots proving Downzy was doing this and got permabanned. 

Fuck him 

And I had zero warning points before that and was one of the top posters with 20000+ posts. Not only was I banned, but Downzy deleted over 10000 of my posts and left my visible status as a member. So it just looks like I left. 

Only mygnr can be worse than Axl's band/voice

They are basically reaching a new low with these noob moms moderating for the sake of the womyn quota

I'm not even mad because they are hilariously incompetent, but because they are basically doesn't even know the basics about the band yet they got the banhammer in a heartbeat. 

and fuck that narrative "it's his place" yeah, no shit sherlock, but then why should we respect somebody who never respected his own userbase (unless they are obedient to his worldview-- let that sink in- a worldview dominates in a GNR forum)

Mygnr and GNR is basically finished so they will be a graveyard sooner or later. Social media will "vanish" all these worshipping fucks away. Forums are for the die hards, imho. 

Oh and that Mccoy guy is probably the most disgusting faggot i've ever encountered in any fan forum ever. His faggotry doesn't really bother me, his delivery and constant asskissing on the other hand...

Tbh i've never a big fan of the AG section over there, brits and canadians*  and attention whores basically dominating that section since day 1

*le circle jerk for real

Has McCoy become a prominent poster over there? When I left he was just the laughing stock du jour in AG who overshared his romantic insecurities and failures. He hardly ever posted in the GNR section.

AG was never my cup of tea. It seemed like a place for SoulMonster, Len, McCoy and other nerds to show how awesome they were, each in a different kind of autism/virginity.

Whatever people say about alfierose, downzy, etc. I can tell for certain we could never get along regardless of how nice people they are (which I truly doubt). They are all a bunch of snowflakes. I just can't get along with this kind of people.

Anything Goes was great circa 2006. It was all downhill after that. Kind of like the whole forum in general.

Moderating a Guns N'Roses forum from a politically correct social justice warrior point of view makes as much sense as an NRA forum being moderated from a vegan animal rights activist pacifist democrat #imwithher point of view. 

It's RETARDED

9 hours ago, Facekicker said:

and left my visible status as a member. So it just looks like I left. 

Actually that's something they like to do:

I remember a time near christmas when I already had 4 (unfair) warning points and UK Subs promissed me they would remove me 1 warning point if I managed to stay out of trouble for 3 months.

The problem is, for some reason, they banned me without assuming that. I couldn't login at the forum but I didn't have the "banned" label under my nick. I never received any email saying I was banned, but in fact, I was .... it just looked like I had leave the forum. I was 2 months without loging in, just because I was unable to do it. Fucking cowards.

Then I asked Mags to tell them to let me login .... and they did. (btw, fuck you @magisme for that :lol: )

Then I asked them to remove me 1 warning point, because 3 months had pass without trouble, and then they refused to remove me said warning point because 2 months didn't count because I didn't post in that time ... lol

Only much time later (with the new owner) the commander of the place removed me 1 warning point, just to give me 2 extra warning points back, later, as a revenge for being stupid.

I wonder if things would have turned out differently if I had accepted the mod position. Probably not. I probably would have quit or been fired.

41 minutes ago, magisme said:

I wonder if things would have turned out differently if I had accepted the mod position. Probably not. I probably would have quit or been fired.

Do you mean, like the other spinless commander of that place? :lol:

19 hours ago, GUNNER said:

Actually that's something they like to do:

I remember a time near christmas when I already had 4 (unfair) warning points and UK Subs promissed me they would remove me 1 warning point if I managed to stay out of trouble for 3 months.

The problem is, for some reason, they banned me without assuming that. I couldn't login at the forum but I didn't have the "banned" label under my nick. I never received any email saying I was banned, but in fact, I was .... it just looked like I had leave the forum. I was 2 months without loging in, just because I was unable to do it. Fucking cowards.

Then I asked Mags to tell them to let me login .... and they did. (btw, fuck you @magisme for that :lol: )

Then I asked them to remove me 1 warning point, because 3 months had pass without trouble, and then they refused to remove me said warning point because 2 months didn't count because I didn't post in that time ... lol

Only much time later (with the new owner) the commander of the place removed me 1 warning point, just to give me 2 extra warning points back, later, as a revenge for being stupid.

#Liberalogic

Btw smart move, it could have been worked in a decent forum, lol

:lol: If i were in your shoes i'd have been banned all the other mods just for the lulz. Sure, you will be banned within a few hours, but they'd fire you anyway. You aren't strike me as a person who is willing to be obedient to downzy