• Announcements

• John Bonham

It's GNFNR fundraising time again, please help us stay on-line   05/27/2017

Thanks to everyone who makes this place so much fun to visit, and THANK YOU to everyone who donated last January. The good news/bad news is that GunsNFNRoses has outgrown its current hosting plan, and if we want to stay online we are going to need to upgrade.   You can donate any amount, large or small (via PayPal). My PayPal username is matt.grillo@gmail.com Please enter your forum username so I can match up your contribution with your username. Thank you!   Every dollar helps. If you don't have PayPal a simple check would do. You can mail it directly to me, please PM me for my mailing address. I appreciate your support.   I do not want banner ads here so if you can help us out it would be appreciated. I dislike begging for money for the site but such is life... Thanks for understanding. I really appreciate all of your support. Please help  by donating now, THANK YOU GNFNR MEMBERS!
magisme

CD2 Deniers' Safe Space

291 posts in this topic

It's crazy that the vault was so empty that Axl had to scramble and put Scraped on CD with the blip and everything.

Poor guy wanted to go magnum opus so bad he just kind of pissed himself in fear and couldn't even come up with one decent album. Now there's nothing left but Buckethead instrumentals. So sad.

That's not true. The vault is full of masterpieces. Axl is just waiting to fine tune them to perfection.

That's all Axl really cares about. He wants to give the fans the BEST album of all time. And his life is devoted to never tarnishing the GnR legacy.

He isn't a sellout band like The Rolling Stones or an artist like Prince. The amount of music those guys share with their fans have really damaged their legacy. Sure, the Stones are nominated for a Grammy this year with their new album.

But seriously - fuck bands and artists that release music for their fans to enjoy on a more than once every 20 year basis. Pure sell outs.

I know this is true, because Rovin told me so.

1 person likes this

It's crazy that the vault was so empty that Axl had to scramble and put Scraped on CD with the blip and everything.

Poor guy wanted to go magnum opus so bad he just kind of pissed himself in fear and couldn't even come up with one decent album. Now there's nothing left but Buckethead instrumentals. So sad.

That's not true. The vault is full of masterpieces. Axl is just waiting to fine tune them to perfection.

That's all Axl really cares about. He wants to give the fans the BEST album of all time. And his life is devoted to never tarnishing the GnR legacy.

He isn't a sellout band like The Rolling Stones or an artist like Prince. The amount of music those guys share with their fans have really damaged their legacy. Sure, the Stones are nominated for a Grammy this year with their new album.

But seriously - fuck bands and artists that release music for their fans to enjoy on a more than once every 20 year basis. Pure sell outs.

It's not bad enough that posters like Robin worship posters like wasted who worship objectively bad albums like CD, but you're going to worship a poster like Rover who worships a poster like wasted who worships the false god of Vault?

It's like someone mistakenly sent me to the retard class.

1 person likes this

objectively bad albums

Fortus also said that all the band members are involved with the writing process and “there’s two or three albums’ worth of material.” Dizzy Reed added, “It’s good stuff."

Edited by Rovim

He's not too poor, and he has his mommy right next to him for comfort. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. 

He's not too poor, and he has his mommy right next to him for comfort. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

And he can sleep well at night knowing he isn't a sell out and his artist integrity level is at a place higher than any other musician currently alive.

Yes and who knows maybe the oct-dec 2000 recordings are out there ................?

CD II:

20 year old instrumentals by a shit lineup ft. Mickey Mouse crying over Stephanie Seymour.

1 person likes this

objectively bad albums

Fortus also said that all the band members are involved with the writing process and “there’s two or three albums’ worth of material.” Dizzy Reed added, “It’s good stuff."

If Dizzy said so, it must be true...  rotflmao

1 person likes this

objectively bad albums

If Dizzy said so, it must be true...  rotflmao

Slash and Duff think it's good as well according to Axl, it's not just Dizzy. But maybe they secretly dislike it and just don't want to offend Axl or risk their position in the band.

They have an old Slash tune and Down By The Ocean. Axl mentioned mean as shit bluesy Hard Rock Slash stuff from 20 years ago.

I feel sorry that some can't cope with the objective knowledge that the vault is empty. If they ever decide to accept reality, we have a safe space for them.

1 person likes this

11 years ago Axl had 26 songs done, with 6 more almost finished. The vault must be bursting with tunes.

There were at the very least 18 tunes other than Chinese in 2006. Makes perfect sense that 11 years later Axl, like Fortus and Dizzy said, has 2 to 3 albums of material ready to go.

Got to have something cause he played it to Slash and Duff recently and they liked it. So not only does it exist, it's also something Slash and Duff are probably willing to work on which is great.

Edited by Rovim

The weather is nice in here. The truth keeps us warm. The vault is cold and empty. CD was objectively bad.

2 people like this

Sometimes I think Axl made an objectively bad album on purpose. He used to be so good, and then he turned so shit. I guess he caught lightning in a bottle early on. Good for him that his early success allows him to spend time on objectively bad personal vanity projects. Too bad he took his failure so seriously, although the failure got the reunion with Slash that everyone really wanted when Axl proved he was objectively bad on his own.

1 person likes this

Not sure it's like that. But Axl has been quoted about how the songs are based off real life so he has to live to have anything new to say.

Plus he said he wants to add to what GNR have done. I see that is not repeating stuff. That's a big problem if you want to release albums all the time. Even Radiohead repeat themselves.

Guns seem to only be doing the event albums. The feud era is a record, the reunion record. Slash had a comment about Guns being a 90s band. So maybe they will just leave it in the 90s.

But you can see from Slash solo and Izzy they basically do the same thing. The problem looks like Axl's material takes much longer. So they left to do their own solo records. Axl seems like he only had TIL and Catcher by 98. Even by then the toys had come out of the pram.

As a fan I'm happy to wait to get what Axl thinks is right. I see Izzy solo as like a Stones mid era material and Slash solo as the Aerosmith albums. I got all the material I need. I see it positive like Izzy's song done his way, Slash cutting loose, Axl weaving. I make a play list like Slither, Hell Song, Chi dem, Fall to Pieces, Concrete, Catcher, Suckertrain Blues, Shuffle it All, Better, Safari Inn, Partly Cloudy, Sorry - and I'm happy.

But also think we read to much into CD delays as just Axl. So it's exggerated. Axl could have had record by 99. But expectations and pressures meant that industrial record was too raw for the rec conpany.

Edited by wasted
1 person likes this

is it 2011 again?

fake cd covers and made up lyrics

must to be true :lol:

Thyme is not fake

The rest is Silkworms

i'm not sure about those lyrics, though

Oh fuck, wrong thread

Edited by Budd Dwyer

another band that had VAULT material stashed away... There is a reason it was in the vault to begin with...