november snow

#GnFnR The Machine Is Back At It In 2017

MBrose    362
2 minutes ago, ManetsBR said:

Don't be a party pooper, sixes.

Haha, I can deal with it. Expected that as well, not bothered.

MBrose    362
On 9-7-2017 at 0:59 AM, MBrose said:

Going to see them wednesday again. Can't give a very objective review probably. If the crowd is into it, I am as well.

Well, I did warn it could happen @magisme. I am glad it did as well!:lol:

Amir    133

I've seen them a bunch of times this year alone and I'm still insanely jealous of you @MBrose, looks like the Netherlands got the best show of the European tour, if not all of 2017!

Budd Dwyer    2,407

Really raspy WTTJ, i'm surprised (yeah, he is almost always good with this one, but it was nice)

(ugh, this YCBM is exceptionally shitty, do not listen to it, unless you really want to laugh)

The Seeker also got played, it was a long show

(@MBrose this one is for you to see, i'm not a complete cock :) )

MBrose    362

It was a really long show, watching the vids overall pretty good. I don't care about his voice not being good all the time (ouch YCBM), cause the energy of the band and mainly Axl, was great and you could feel it. It's their secret weapon, so impressive. They really looked like having fun. They/he can bring that energy to the crowd as well. Also during YCBM some guys exploded and did the whole pushing eachother thing, never understood that, but you could see Axl keeping an eye on that. Maybe he was a bit distracted. It was a situation what can easily go wrong, but thank god it didn't.

In Werchter the GC was filled with rich people, even in suits, women in high heels and expensive dresses. It was so stupid to see. They kept on talking and hardly watched the show. In Nijmegen it were all die hard fans, having great fun. You can hear how they can sing along with almost every song. Except ofcourse the CD songs, but more than expected could sing those as well (not me), that was kind of suprising. But there were also fans who never heard of CD as well. But the CD songs Sorry and TIL were well received, think Slash saves those songs, cause everybody loves to hear Slash playing solo's. Slash has a pretty large group of die hard fans in my country.

Funny to see some vids, knowing some stood so close to me, filming it. I was rather close to the stage btw, very cool. 

Amir    133
1 minute ago, MBrose said:

But the CD songs Sorry and TIL were well received, think Slash saves those songs, cause everybody loves to hear Slash playing solo's.

Sorry was a highlight of 2010 shows for me when Axl was an absolute beast on it, much better than on the album. At 2017 shows he sounded rubbish on it quite frankly, but you're right, Slash's soloing on it is great and is well-received by the crowd.

maynard    2,081

It seems the new thing to justify Axl sucking is saying people were having fun/singing loud next to you, completely avoiding the subject. :lol:

Funny thing this is something I never argue about. I'm sure it's fun, I'm sure it's better in person (the show, not the voice). But if we come down to discuss Axl's voice the fun factor shouldn't be used as an argument.

"His voice was not good but we were having fun" - Two completely unrelated things.

I can only speak for myself but after AXL/DC I couldn't go to a concert and not feel a little disappointed. Sure, Slash would blow my mind and all the brainless Brazilians screaming would.... Wait a min. Yeaaah... Thinking about it, a GNR show in Brazil must be an awful experience actually. I'll pass. :lol:

MBrose    362

This is the tour thread, not the voice thread. I am discussing the show, not only the voice.

Also discussing the band, not only Axl, there are more people in GNR. 

ManetsBR    485
3 hours ago, maynard said:

It seems the new thing to justify Axl sucking is saying people were having fun/singing loud next to you, completely avoiding the subject. :lol:

Funny thing this is something I never argue about. I'm sure it's fun, I'm sure it's better in person (the show, not the voice). But if we come down to discuss Axl's voice the fun factor shouldn't be used as an argument.

"His voice was not good but we were having fun" - Two completely unrelated things.

I can only speak for myself but after AXL/DC I couldn't go to a concert and not feel a little disappointed. Sure, Slash would blow my mind and all the brainless Brazilians screaming would.... Wait a min. Yeaaah... Thinking about it, a GNR show in Brazil must be an awful experience actually. I'll pass. :lol:

You must be so boring at parties :lol:

Budd Dwyer    2,407
7 hours ago, MBrose said:

It was a really long show, watching the vids overall pretty good. I don't care about his voice not being good all the time (ouch YCBM), cause the energy of the band and mainly Axl, was great and you could feel it. It's their secret weapon, so impressive. They really looked like having fun. They/he can bring that energy to the crowd as well. Also during YCBM some guys exploded and did the whole pushing eachother thing, never understood that, but you could see Axl keeping an eye on that. Maybe he was a bit distracted. It was a situation what can easily go wrong, but thank god it didn't.

In Werchter the GC was filled with rich people, even in suits, women in high heels and expensive dresses. It was so stupid to see. They kept on talking and hardly watched the show. In Nijmegen it were all die hard fans, having great fun. You can hear how they can sing along with almost every song. Except ofcourse the CD songs, but more than expected could sing those as well (not me), that was kind of suprising. But there were also fans who never heard of CD as well. But the CD songs Sorry and TIL were well received, think Slash saves those songs, cause everybody loves to hear Slash playing solo's. Slash has a pretty large group of die hard fans in my country.

Funny to see some vids, knowing some stood so close to me, filming it. I was rather close to the stage btw, very cool. 

I'm pretty sure he saw that during the 32 years of his career. That's a common a regular thing, not really malicious. Yeah, GNR is not really a metal band, but they have heavier songs

I see your point, though, because of the Donnington incident (2 people were suffocated) in 88 plus the various riots and incidents throughout the UYI years and beyond

maynard    2,081
2 hours ago, MBrose said:

This is the tour thread, not the voice thread. I am discussing the show, not only the voice.

Also discussing the band, not only Axl, there are more people in GNR. 

I know. I'm not speaking specifically about you. It's just a new trend. Like the good mood and cracking jokes of past tours. The thing to say now is people are having fun and singing loudly when someone mentions Axl's voice. They are unrelated and it doesn't make any sense. Like Sixes said... you can barely hear it and when you can, it's not good? Well, I guess the right thing to do is to focus on the other people in the band then because the singer sucks.

It's like a soccer game between two great teams that end in a boring 0 x 0. Some people attending for the first time are having a blast, sure. Doesn't mean it was a good game. They are two completely unrelated things.

1 hour ago, ManetsBR said:

You must be so boring at parties :lol:

I'm actually a very funny guy. I'm not a clown by any means but I enjoy making people laugh and have a good time. I just don't have this brazilian passion within me. I'm more reserved and polite.

MBrose    362
1 hour ago, maynard said:

I'm actually a very funny guy. I'm not a clown by any means but I enjoy making people laugh and have a good time. I just don't have this brazilian passion within me. I'm more reserved and polite.

That's cause your sign is a cancer, typical...

(I am joking, just so you guys are sure:lol:)

EstrangedTWAT    1,206

Do you think that Chinese Democracy is ever going to come out?

I have no idea. Seven years ago, the record just needed a lead vocal and a mix. The last time I was at the studio was two days before my daughter was born. Last night she read all of ‘Hop on Pop’ to me. Some mysteries passeth all understanding.

Jim Barber, Geffen Executive, interviewed in 2005

Budd Dwyer    2,407
37 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Do you think that Chinese Democracy is ever going to come out?

I have no idea. Seven years ago, the record just needed a lead vocal and a mix. The last time I was at the studio was two days before my daughter was born. Last night she read all of ‘Hop on Pop’ to me. Some mysteries passeth all understanding.

Jim Barber, Geffen Executive, interviewed in 2005

:smugpepe:
One album in 19 years

Lol Axl fans

Budd Dwyer    2,407
4 minutes ago, MBrose said:

I got the longest show of this tour so far, yay!!!! :wub:

Now, imagine if you got AXL/DC....

it would be objectively better

MBrose    362

I have been to AXL/DC great show. But I still prefer Brian eventhough objectively he sings worse nowadays. Guess I am all about subjectivity.

Budd Dwyer    2,407

St. Louis today

We need LEA's periscope link

It Is Your Civic Duty to Hate on Axl Rose

"Wow, it is really cool to see Slash playing with Guns N' Roses again! He is such a talented guitarist. No wonder he went on to have a successful career after walking away from that bloated bandanna mannequin Axl Rose."

"You know, Chinese Democracy is actually a pretty good record! It has some great songs, despite the fact that overgrown man-child Axl Rose took 100 years and the monetary equivalent of a small nation's GDP to finally release it."

"'Sweet Child of Mine' is a fun song! Man, Axl Rose looks like the ugliest, oldest scene kid ever with those ten million bracelets on his arms. Isn't he like 55?"

See, it's easy! And remember, even if you don't have any zingers on deck, you can still at least take a whole fuckload of pictures. 

Let's see you try and stop us, Axl!

LADoll    59

so today it's St Lois, I assume they will open with Perfect Crime like way back when.

They have to be so bored playing the same set forever.