Trin9498

DJ Ashba's

On October 3, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Yeah okay what ever you know DJ looks good in this pic.

fb4a811e1fe6ff6d975ced7679f0c7d2.jpg

@GUNNER are his boobs big enough for you?

DJ wanted to back out of GNR auditions

TJ Lavin: What band do you play for (when we first met)?  

DJ Ashba: At the time I played for Guns N' Roses. I did about 6 years with them, I was the guy that came in and took Slash's spot. To have somebody like Axl believe in you and give you a really great shot in life is something I'll never forget.

When I was on my way down there, Katie McNeil great longtime friend, gave me a call. At the time she was working with Irving Azoff who managed Guns and she gave me a call and said hey, would you want to audition. I said yeah of course. So I went down, I never thought anything of it, I didn't think I was going to get the gig. I didn't really think much I just wanted to go jam some Guns song who cares and meet the guys it would be great. I had met Axl years before when I was doing the Beautiful Creatures album on Warner Bros. and Sharon Osbourne walked me in and introduced me to him. And we're both from Indiana so we kinda had a cool little bond that way.

The night before I remember calling Katie my manager saying, you know, I think I'm going to back out, I was just kinda getting cold feet, you know it's going to be a lot of work, I don't know. She said you can't screw me over you've just gotta show up. I said OK for you I will. I showed up and I get in my car and she calls me and she basically said you got the gig. And it didn't set in for a while, it was very surreal. And then I remember going into rehearsals it was still surreal because Axl never showed up I was just jamming with the band it's cool. And I think the first show Tokyo Dome sold out like 60,000 people I can't remember, it was a massive show. Still no Axl, I was like this is kinda weird, you get used to rehearsing with the guys without Axl there. Sure enough, the lights go down and here comes Axl. That started a six years journey, we played a ton of show, had a lot of fun. It's a time in my life I'm never going to forget and I'll always cherish.

So Dj never even spoke to Axl since joining until the first show? How the fuck did Axl know he was good enough to get the gig if he never heard him play any Guns material?

Maybe Dj being hired was a giant mistake after all and Axl didn't know until he saw him onstage

God, what a clusterfuck :lol:

26 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

I was the guy that came in and took Slash's spot.

Buckethead who? Do you even Finck?

And then I remember going into rehearsals it was still surreal because Axl never showed up I was just jamming with the band it's cool. And I think the first show Tokyo Dome sold out like 60,000 people I can't remember, it was a massive show. Still no Axl, I was like this is kinda weird, you get used to rehearsing with the guys without Axl there. Sure enough, the lights go down and here comes Axl.

He never saw or played with Axl until he came out on stage?

Much dedication! So perfectionism! :lol:

6 hours ago, magisme said:

He never saw or played with Axl until he came out on stage?

Much dedication! So perfectionism! :lol:

Well, Axl hasn't played with Slash since 1993 and i'm willing to think that he saw Slash's playing in the Troubadour for the first time in 23 years :lol:

Axl is probably the laziest motherfucker when it comes to live shows

Lol perfectionism

i love when hardcore Axl apologists bring up this argument and we later found out that Axl proves them wrong every time