8=D

Let's talk Izzy

You can't say Axl had nothing to do with the rock songs on CD. Without Axl, Shacklers would just be another weird demonic Bucket riff buried on his 117th album.

He may not write the riffs, but coming up with killer melody lines is no easy feat, and is exactly what has been lacking from Slash's work with Myles.

Edited by Towelie

Definitely vocal melodies shape the songs. But I see Axl as a great editor. He seems to put things into the same form as Stones, Zepp, Queen. Whereas Slash seems a little looser, like the songs have parts where you think he's obviously loving this but get on with it. Izzy has this Ramones type format.

But on CD the rockers are collabs that Axl made them work on.

Saint Is A Sinner Too

Just listened to this for the first time ever. Maybe the best Slash song I've heard. Axl would have made it a sweet GNR song. It's a better listen than anything on CD.

Saint Is A Sinner Too

Just listened to this for the first time ever. Maybe the best Slash song I've heard. Axl would have made it a sweet GNR song. It's a better listen than anything on CD.

There's some really good songs on that first Slash record.

It's definitely my favourite by a long shot of his solo stuff (not including VR)

Edited by GnRLiars

The debut is probably the best because it's Slash working with great writers.

In VR he had Scott.

In Guns he had Izzy and Axl, Duff to write songs.

I like Slash's other solo records for the guitar work not the songs.

GNR wasn't 100% about guitar work. They actually had songs.

Saint Is A Sinner Too

Fun fact - it was written for Thom Yorke but Slash was too much of a pussy to approach him about singing on his album

Saint Is A Sinner Too

Fun fact - it was written for Thom Yorke but Slash was too much of a pussy to approach him about singing on his album

Is that real life?

Slash admitted to The Sun April 23, 2010 that DeLuca wasn't his first choice for this track. He explained: I really wanted Thom Yorke to do Saint Is a Sinner Too but I didn't have the balls to call him. I didn't think I could get him so a friend recommended Rocco DeLuca - who was an amazing discovery."

IIRC Thom talked about it later and said he would have been all over it.

Cucked again.

This is hilarious... Someone asks Izzy, whats the difference in your guitar sound from Guns to Ju Ju Hounds... Louder MIX (much laughter in the room)

Early on first few minutes...

Saint Is A Sinner Too

There's some really good songs on that first Slash record.

It's definitely my favourite by a long shot of his solo stuff (not including VR)

Agreed

His second and third solo record contains some great riffs and solos, but overall, Myles makes them too medicore for my taste. (not to mention his nasal voice, he is a techincally good singer, but his voice is for the  soccer moms/stupid teenage girls, not for me)

For example Apocalyptic Love contained ONE good song, Anastasia (i mean if you look at the whole song) The rest is rehashed riffs from Slash's past efforts. World On Fire is a waste for those riffs and solos (and lyrics) Fuck that little bitch Myles Kennedy, he is a thin, shit singer and a boring frontman

Wih all that being said, i really liked the rest of the band members. Brent Fitz could easily replace Steven in GNR

Edited by Budd Dwyer

This is hilarious... Someone asks Izzy, whats the difference in your guitar sound from Guns to Ju Ju Hounds... Louder MIX (much laughter in the room)

Early on first few minutes...

Do you know where Izzy was hoping to go with his solo bands? Or is that the kind of level he enjoys, just touring around in a low key way. For Ju ju hounds media interest was pretty high, it was the 90s, but it just seemed to drop away. I like all his solo albums, there's just not much fanfare with the releases. I think Wave of Heat I haven't got round to.

But yeah I think Izzy albums have a lot of songs, whereas Slash records it's really just riffs and solos.

Edited by wasted

Guest ZoSoRose

The long, boring, shit songs are some of my favorites. Estranged, Coma, Chinese songs, etc. I'd love Izzy but if he ain't gonna be there I want stuff like that

Garden of Eden

The Garden

Don't Damn Me

November Rain

Bad Apples

Dead Horse

Coma

Civil War

Estranged

Locomotive

Breakdown

Is the Axl Slash album.

We don't even know how well Izzy would work nowadays. Axl, Slash and Duff lost their touch, what guarantee do we have that Izzy has kep his mojo? Please don't say his solo albums, they are all generic Stones rip-off crap. What if his current writing skills match his guitar playings skills nowadays? That would make him the most pathetic of the bunch. If his solo songs are any indication, this could well be the truth. Izzy would be the one needing help from his old friends.

Firstly, it's a fair point. We don't know but why not try it?

But we have to remember a lot of UYI songs were just Izzy sketches expanded on by Slash. It's simple formula that always worked.

Izzy's solo material, some of it is Stonesy but there's equal measure of punk Ramones and country rock. The song structure and bridge parts, riffs are all there. What Slash has is a big aggresive riff sound.

Izzy also sets the tone with lyrics. It adds variety to an album of songs. Axl's pov canbe suffocating. Lyrically drugs were more Izzy's thing.

The songs become much more punk rock n roll with Izzy and Duff playing. With just Slash and Axl it goes more metal. See above list. None I would really say is rock n roll. Bad Apples has Izzy credits but Slash wrote the riff, so it's kind of more old school.

So even if it's just Izzy demos, to really capture early Guns he needs to be involved.

But they don't have to do that, it's been done. The Axl Slash Duff album might be something new. Slash has yet to get the production he wants on a GNR album. Axl wants Slash on a GNR record.