8==D

Let's talk Izzy

If they can't write together, how did they come up with the songs on the UYIs that don't involve Izzy in any manner whatsoever?

Ghost is a Cult b-side with Slash on guitar. It's an alright song but put GNR's name on it and it's about as good as Shotgun Blues. It's not YCBM 2. In fact Shackler's is better than Ghost.

If they can't write together, how did they come up with the songs on the UYIs that don't involve Izzy in any manner whatsoever?

I did mention that. But after Izzy left they did nothing. I think his material really gets the ball moving. Where Axl and Slash stuff is more labored.

To really do an old style GNR album you need Izzy. Then you book end the tunes with Axl/Slash epics.

Axl and Slash should make Back in Cash.

You get the feeling there's quite a bit of material if Slash just gets stuck into it like they did with CD material for live shows there would be an album.

I think they are waiting for sone mega bucks deal from iTunes. Some sort of exclusive deal. Or it won't happen.

how did they write shit songs without izzy? by being shit.

next???

and Izzy wrote shit songs without them, right? just wanna know if people are being rational here or just shitposting because they're butthurt over the semi-reunion.

They don't need to create a masterpiece. They have already done that. Now they just need to write a good old fashion rock album with a couple Axl ballads.

"Let's give our fans something to enjoy" as opposed to "let's try and write an album better than Appetite. "

and Izzy wrote shit songs without them, right? just wanna know if people are being rational here or just shitposting because they're butthurt over the semi-reunion.

Of course. All I'm saying is there are very few ---good--- real GNR songs that don't feature Izzy in some way. No one cares about Locomotive and Coma.

If Locomotive was 30 seconds longer and Coma 30 seconds shorter, forum nerds would talk about Locomotive the way they do about Coma and Coma would be as forgotten as Locomotive is. It's hilarious how obvious it is that people just want to look like "real fans" for liking their longest song.

If Locomotive was 30 seconds longer and Coma 30 seconds shorter, forum nerds would talk about Locomotive the way they do about Coma and Coma would be as forgotten as Locomotive is. It's hilarious how obvious it is that people just want to look like "real fans" for liking their longest song.

But i like You Ain't The First a lot too.

So............................................................ ?

Dumbest post I've ever seen you make, and you've made some dumb ones.

If you're stupid enough to believe I like a song because I give a shit about how big of a fan I look like to other morons I'll sell you a bridge in London for cheap, and that's the truth. 

Really though, Coma is such a plodding, boring song clearly written for no other reason to be as obnoxiously long as possible. The first 7 minutes are an exercise in musical masturbation. People call experimental/shreddy music "wank" but when I think of the musical equivalent of jacking off I picture Duff sitting there plucking the bass string for 8 minutes and recording this awful song. :lol: Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Izzy had nothing to do with it. It's a clear foreshadowing of what GNR's output would have become without him. Fat Axl ballads (obviously deteriorating in quality, given that TIL was written around that time) and pretentious wank-fest rock songs with no substance other than being long and featuring cringey "dramatic" parts in the middle ala the part in Coma where he "wakes up". :lol:

When they play the song live do they actually do that part? They should lay fat Axl on a hospital gurney and have Slash and Duff hit him with the defibrillators. Really sell the drama of the epic story that the music is trying to tell. :lol:

Edited by bacardimayne

The fact the play Double talking Jive at the reunion shows is interesting. Why not play Don't Damn Me or something Duff wrote like Get in the Ring?

When they play the song live do they actually do that part? They should lay fat Axl on a hospital gurney and have Slash and Duff hit him with the defibrillators. Really sell the drama of the epic story that the music is trying to tell. :lol:

:rofl-lol:

I love Coma, but the emergency room scene and Axl's dumb whores nearly ruin everything.

:rofl-lol:

I love Coma, but the emergency room scene and Axl's dumb whores nearly ruin everything.

yeah i love coma and that part always makes me cringe. same goes for a couple of other gnr songs most notably for me, breakdown. love the song, but the chorus and that shit at the end ruin it.

Really though, Coma is such a plodding, boring song clearly written for no other reason to be as obnoxiously long as possible. The first 7 minutes are an exercise in musical masturbation. People call experimental/shreddy music "wank" but when I think of the musical equivalent of jacking off I picture Duff sitting there plucking the bass string for 8 minutes and recording this awful song. :lol: Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Izzy had nothing to do with it. It's a clear foreshadowing of what GNR's output would have become without him. Fat Axl ballads (obviously deteriorating in quality, given that TIL was written around that time) and pretentious wank-fest rock songs with no substance other than being long and featuring cringey "dramatic" parts in the middle ala the part in Coma where he "wakes up". :lol:

Fuck you. I don't care about why you don't like the song. Get back to arguing about why I like the song or gtfo. 

Of course. All I'm saying is there are very few ---good--- real GNR songs that don't feature Izzy in some way. No one cares about Locomotive and Coma.

Shame, because Locomotive is alone better than anything they came up after their breakup and Axl's best lyrics were there. Coma is a bit self indulgent, though

I  doubt that many people care about who wrote what song. For example GNR's biggest hit is their most cheesy ballad, November Rain, which is an Axl Rose song with cheesefest arrangements made by none other than Matt Sorum

Edited by Budd Dwyer

(((Izzy))) clearly is the best song writer but the other guys are not bad just have not collaborated on anything in a long time.

Let's face it: their creative period is over. Only mediocre/predictable songs could come from rich and greedy and lazy (and fat)  washed up rockstars in their 50's

With or without Izzy Guns N' Roses as a creative entity is dead. There's nothing they or we could do against it :shrugs: The best we can hope is a few good moments here and there

Get on the nostalgia bandwagon or let's just talk about Drumpf and Shitlarry, this band is dead artistically

Edited by Budd Dwyer

I really don't believe that.

A lot of the issues that made their respective solo work underwhelming was the fact the other personel was involved.

Now is this more than a cash grab nostalgia act most likely no.

But that is there choice they have the ability to do and create a real authentic gnr album.

Edited by Bill Brasky