Sora

Let's talk Izzy

387 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Literally the same riff! Izzy actually did write Contraband. Amazing. He's actually legit responsible for every bit of creative success fat Slash and cuck Duff have ever had.

If Izzy is so great, why hasn't he had a successful, soaring solo career? Alone, his music is barebones Keef wannabe shit. Slash left to his own devices tries to be Joe Perry and comes out with sludgy metal crap. Duff does niche punk stuff. Axl does just plain old shit alone. Each guy needs the other to succeed. 

18 hours ago, Miser said:

If Izzy is so great, why hasn't he had a successful, soaring solo career? Alone, his music is barebones Keef wannabe shit. Slash left to his own devices tries to be Joe Perry and comes out with sludgy metal crap. Duff does niche punk stuff. Axl does just plain old shit alone. Each guy needs the other to succeed. 

I don't know. All we know is Izzy is now objectively responsible for all of Slash and Duff's success.

1 person likes this

If any of those albums were released by GNR, they would be considered an even bigger joke nowadays.

1 person likes this

I think I have a mild case of amnesia today. Would someone be so polite as to remind me how many original songs GNR released after Izzy left?

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

I think I have a mild case of amnesia today. Would someone be so polite as to remind me how many original songs GNR released after Izzy left?

Honest post: i don't even know anymore

PS: i'm drunk

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, maynard said:

If any of those albums were released by GNR, they would be considered an even bigger joke nowadays.

Disagree. You can pick out a few tracks from each Izzy album and you can hear a GNR song there.

Izzy comes in with the skeleton. Then Axl and Slash put the meat on the bones. That's how it works (or should work).

2 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

15 original songs in 25 years.

Sad.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Brownstone said:

15 original songs in 25 years.

Sad.

If you even count those as GNR songs.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Brownstone said:

Disagree. You can pick out a few tracks from each Izzy album and you can hear a GNR song there.

Izzy comes in with the skeleton. Then Axl and Slash put the meat on the bones. That's how it works (or should work).

Without Izzy, GNR in the 80s would have been another mindless shitshred band. It was his rooted classic rock influence that set them apart from their glam peers.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Without Izzy, GNR in the 80s would have been another mindless shitshred band. It was his rooted classic rock influence that set them apart from their glam peers.

Plus Slash with his own unique sound. Plus Axl's incredible voice. Plus Duff's basslines (a bit)

3 people like this

They only need Izzy if they're doing new material. Which they're not. It was a tough enough sell 10 years ago, it's beyond laughably pathetic now. Which is why they felt they could be shitty and jip him. Because fair or not, nobody gives a shit if Izzy is there or not. I do, but John Q. Public just consider him "Slash's back up from the 80s" and don't care.

I still would like to know the other side of the story regardless though. Was Izzy even really willing to go the whole nine with this tour had they compensated him more reasonably? Speak up you cunts. Speak up about fucking anything for that matter. What's with the limp dick still?

3 people like this

Just saw Slash and Duff wished Izzy happy birthday on twitter a couple days ago. Interesting...?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Just saw Slash and Duff wished Izzy happy birthday on twitter a couple days ago. Interesting...?

It means I$$y changed his phone number and didnt tell them the new number.

1 person likes this

Happy Birthday to the biggest Stones rip off "guitarist" out there, Mr. Izzy "NIGHTRAAAAIINN!!" Stradilin.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, altered beast said:

Izzy likes soccer so fuck off.  

Pretty sure he sucks at it too.

7 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Yeah, they still know their former bandmates birthday

remember, even Slash wished Axl happy birthday before the reunion

Not really interesting

Steven also wished hb to Izzy, it doesn't mean they would collaborate

Real GNR musicly is Axl ,Slash ,Duff and Izzy.

insert any drummer GNR has ever had not named frank and you are good.

10 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Real GNR musicly is Axl ,Slash, Steven, and Izzy.

insert any bassist GNR has ever had not named  tommy and you are good.

FTFY

Appetite wouldn't have sounded like Appetite without Steven.  It's amazing that people can say the UYIs drumming was as good as Appetite's.  The UYIs sounded neutered.  Probably because Matt is neutured.