Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magisme

European Refugee Crisis

393 posts in this topic

What the fuck is going on over there? What do our European friends think? Does it make us think twice about accepting refugees in North America? Is it racist to ask that? Is this the end of the European Union? Will Big Brother accelerate with the support of the people? Does this mean moar war in the ME?

Brussels Rocked by Deadly Attacks With Blasts at Airport, Subway

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-22/brussels-rocked-by-deadly-attacks-with-blasts-at-airport-subway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE8vaMgR10c&ebc=ANyPxKqVccmaPzzlFC8At_N97gdBBqQ_G1u5nO3Q-BNG-VojTVg6JnX74KHXwol25JrH4Eyod0uTXPMCzigCr9OE2t48rJ_j5g

Someone please check on Lio for me over at the fag forum. Soccer moms are people too.

Edited by magisme

As for the refugee crisis, hard to even know where to begin.

Ireland is largely unaffected, sometimes being an island is to our advantage.

I think however the refugee crisis and the attacks in Europe are being unfairly linked.

The attacks are being carried out by European citizens of Middle Eastern and North African ethnicity. They are second or third generation descendants of immigrants that came to Europe years ago.

The recent refugees however are being blamed and associated with these attacks (not by you Magisme) when they are in fact fleeing the very same kinds of people in their home countries - most of which have been subject to US/NATO/British/French intervention of some sort.

This is blowback from the disastrous policy of meddling in Middle Eastern countries and North Africa. The likes of ISIS then use the Wests foreign policy to radicalise disaffected Muslims in Europe, a lot of whom live in ghetto's and never integrated.

So in short - Western Foreign Policy+Failed Multiculturalism+Radical Islam = Europe 2016.

And the leaders response across the West seems to be to double down on their disastrous foreign policy and liberal multiculturalism.

This is the War on Terror all over again, 15 years of this bullshit ahead for Europe and more and more of our civil liberties curtailed in exchange for "security".

3 people like this

Despite the earthquakes and Fukushima radiation, I still feel safer here in Japan than I would anywhere else cause the government here says NO to Islamic refugees.

People here want nothing to do with Islam.  And I agree with them 1000%.  I just hope nobody does anything to attract the attention of ISIS or anything.  I'd like to just stay on my safe little island and let the rest of the world deal with the problem.  It would be nice if other governments followed Japan's example and just stayed the hell out of the middle east, and started denying entry to Muslims.

2 people like this

If they stayed out of the middle east then the second part might not be so much of an issue.

There is a reason why so many Muslims are fleeing their home countries - the West bombed the shit out of them and propped up brutal dictatorships there.

Their homes are destroyed, the economies are ruined. There is no future there for them. Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, Libya are war torn failed states thanks to the West. Millions of their citizens have no hope of a future there, instead they look to Europe as the promised land.

And the likes of Hillary Clinton laughs and says - "We came, we saw, he died!"

Edited by Facekicker
1 person likes this

Clearly blowback is a big part of this. You don't strap a bomb to yourself just cause God says so if everything else is on the up and up. At the same time, multiculturalism seems more and more dangerous to me every day.

The recent refugees however are being blamed and associated with these attacks (not by you Magisme) when they are in fact fleeing the very same kinds of people in their home countries - most of which have been subject to US/NATO/British/French intervention of some sort.

Thanks for exonerating me, man, but my OP does sort of conflate the two. I figured people would understand that I was mostly getting at how these attacks would spark further polarization re: refugees, but there's also the part of me that wants no part of this over here in the States. I get that the vast majority are just trying to escape, but then I think of the blowback part, and I think about America's role in creating these situations, and I can see why a few needles in the haystacks would want to make a big statement if they could get across the Atlantic. That freaks me out.

It is a legitimate concern. Certainly the influx into Europe is beyond regulation. You just can't process that many people to make sure they are genuine refugees. Some don't even have passports or papers. How do you do a background check on a person like that?

Europe is in deep shit here no doubt about it. I can't see it getting better anytime soon either. This summer is going to see a major crisis with refugees beyond anything we've seen so far.

Send em to my house. I'm lonely and I have a lot of ice cream

How about some NY pepperoni pizza?

Send em to my house. I'm lonely and I have a lot of ice cream

How about some NY pepperoni pizza?

Pizza for sure. But I can't part with my pepperoni

1 person likes this

Some top EU officials 19 year old daughter was raped and murdered by an Afghan refugee in Germany.

1 person likes this

I've always wondered what would happen if America bombed Jerusalem into extinction and blew up that sacred rock that Muslims pray to. Would even worse religions rise up from the ashes?

Some top EU officials 19 year old daughter was raped and murdered by an Afghan refugee in Germany.

just read about this and it is incredibly sad. she was actively going out of her way and using her own time to help them at their shelters and homes, and her life ends at the hands of one, raped and then drowned in the river.

1 person likes this

I've always wondered what would happen if America bombed Jerusalem into extinction and blew up that sacred rock that Muslims pray to. Would even worse religions rise up from the ashes?

I guess christian fundamentalists and the neo cons would then battle it out.

As far as Mecca goes I think they would just gather to pray to the smoking hole in the ground.  Bombing it wouldn't do shit. 

(Unlessss....they bombed it during the annual pilgrimage, when it's overflowing with believers...just you know...throwing that out there.)

1 person likes this

I was attacked in mygnr for calling terrorists 'muslim terrorists' and that the Quran says the 'infidels' must be destroyed. Why is the truth being censored?

2 people like this

All the so-called holy books say some crazy shit, but right now only one religion has people shouting to their god and blowing themselves up on a daily basis.

1 person likes this

All the so-called holy books say some crazy shit, but right now only one religion has people shouting to their god and blowing themselves up on a daily basis.

One of the other majors is known to provide employment and protection for child molestors. As president I would confiscate all the mosques and various churches throughout the land and repurpose them as homeless shelters.

2 people like this

One of the other majors is known to provide employment and protection for child molestors. As president I would confiscate all the mosques and various churches throughout the land and repurpose them as homeless shelters.

Yeah. The Catholics done fucked up too much as well. They're kicked out of the tolerance party.

i'm all for freedom of speech, but fuck freedom of religion

If a religion crossed the line and deliberatly courage people to kill anybody with different a religion and even kill themselves in the process, then they should get fucked and should get out of this country

They should be treated second rate citizens at best

(here's me on a light fash mode)

Schools should have to teach that all religions are man made-up constructs used to exploit people's fear of death for financial, political, and other nefarious purposes.

1 person likes this