• Announcements

• John Bonham

It's GNFNR fundraising time again, please help us stay on-line   05/27/2017

Thanks to everyone who makes this place so much fun to visit, and THANK YOU to everyone who donated last January. The good news/bad news is that GunsNFNRoses has outgrown its current hosting plan, and if we want to stay online we are going to need to upgrade.   You can donate any amount, large or small (via PayPal). My PayPal username is matt.grillo@gmail.com Please enter your forum username so I can match up your contribution with your username. Thank you!   Every dollar helps. If you don't have PayPal a simple check would do. You can mail it directly to me, please PM me for my mailing address. I appreciate your support.   I do not want banner ads here so if you can help us out it would be appreciated. I dislike begging for money for the site but such is life... Thanks for understanding. I really appreciate all of your support. Please help  by donating now, THANK YOU GNFNR MEMBERS!
John Bonham

GNFNR 2016 Tour Thread - Not In This Lifetime...

1,986 posts in this topic
38 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Because Axl can't sing his own songs anymore. He would rather do covers. I strongly think it started back in the UYI days. it's just shows his insecurity and laziness

It started back in the Club Days. They were playing 2-3 covers a night in '86 and '87.

Ex:

03.28.86 - The Roxy, Hollywood, CA
opening acts: Carrera, Lions & Ghosts
set #1 (10pm): Out Ta Get Me, Welcome To The Jungle, Think About You, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, My Michelle, Don't Cry, Back Off Bitch, Paradise City
set #2 (12am): Out Ta Get Me, Welcome To The Jungle, Think About You, Back Off Bitch, Nightrain, My Michelle, Paradise City, Mama Kin, Rocket Queen, Reckless Life, Anything Goes [Alt. Lyrics], Heartbreak Hotel, Don't Cry

07.11.86 - Troubadour, Hollywood, CA
set: Out Ta Get Me, Welcome To The Jungle, Think About You, Rocket Queen, Move To The City, Nightrain, My Michelle, Don't Cry, You're Crazy, Back Off Bitch, Anything Goes [Alt. Lyrics], Mama Kin, Paradise City, Nice Boys, Heartbreak Hotel, Shadow Of Your Love, Jumpin' Jack Flash
audio/video recording?: video
notes: Axl thanks the crowd for helping them get signed to Geffen Records. Axl announces that they will be releasing Live Like A Suicide before the first album [Appetite For Destruction] will be out. A saxophonist plays on 'Move To The City.' Izzy plays a little of The Rolling Stones' 'Satisfaction' during introductions.

06.22.87 - The Marquee, London, England
opening act: Little Angels
set: Shadow Of Your Love, Out Ta Get Me, Anything Goes, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Nightrain, My Michelle, Welcome To The Jungle, You're Crazy, Paradise City, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Move To The City, Nice Boys

09.30.87 - Tor 3, Dusseldorf, West Germany
opening act: Faster Pussycat
set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Paradise City, Mama Kin, You're Crazy
audio/video recording?: audio

27 minutes ago, Miser said:

Club days doesn't count, Sherlock.... They had barely enough songs  for a full show back then

Btw playing a riff for a few seconds is not qualified as a cover

:wank:

Incoming generic "meh, fuck this" post, but after some thought, I'm ultimately gonna pass when they come here this summer. I loved the snow I saw last Summer and had an amazing time. But I'm not a rerun guy, and the only difference between this year and last is that Axl is way more shit. For the price, I just don't feel it's worth it.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Incoming generic "meh, fuck this" post, but after some thought, I'm ultimately gonna pass when they come here this summer. I loved the snow I saw last Summer and had an amazing time. But I'm not a rerun guy, and the only difference between this year and last is that Axl is way more shit. For the price, I just don't feel it's worth it.

Yeah, snowy summers are cool

j/k

There is literally NO REASON to see this reunion band if you saw them in 2016. Best case scenario: you will get a new cover. Worst case: Axl could be even more fatter and shitter and the prices could be much higher for the better parts/seats

P.S.: i'm starting to notice that Slash IS phoning in since the start of the european leg. Watching him playing and he starts to really miss notes (and not in the UYI "i'm fucked up" way) is not fun. He was way better last year. Maybe Axl's laziness is adhesive

2 people like this

Happy I got to see the Toronto show last year. OTGM from that show was fucking brilliant, I was so amped when it played:

In London it just wasn't the same :/ Japan shows in January were still pretty damn good, Axl-wise, but the shows I saw in London were pretty rasp-less :(

Still got tickets to see them in Stockholm, Prague, Paris, and Montreal, but I'm going with much lowered expectations for the gigs, and gonna focus more on enjoying visiting cities I haven't been to before (except for Paris, where I've already been a few times but still love it).

That said, people I went with (coworker for first London show and sister for second) had a great time, so I'm happy for them.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Happy I got to see the Toronto show last year. OTGM from that show was fucking brilliant, I was so amped when it played:

In London it just wasn't the same :/ Japan shows in January were still pretty damn good, Axl-wise, but the shows I saw in London were pretty rasp-less :(

Still got tickets to see them in Stockholm, Prague, Paris, and Montreal, but I'm going with much lowered expectations for the gigs, and gonna focus more on enjoying visiting cities I haven't been to before (except for Paris, where I've already been a few times but still love it).

That said, people I went with (coworker for first London show and sister for second) had a great time, so I'm happy for them.

Are you a son of an oil sheik or what?

j/k

If you got tickets combined with visiting various cities, then more power to you. That is probably the only logical reason to see this show more than once

17 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Are you a son of an oil sheik or what?

j/k

If you got tickets combined with visiting various cities, then more power to you. That is probably the only logical reason to see this show more than once

Hah I wish :P 

I bought these tickets back in December when they first went on sale, and at the time I still couldn't believe how great GNR were in Toronto. The Japan shows were still good, but I feel like it's downhill from here. Travelling in Europe is pretty cheap (London -> Stockholm, Stockholm -> Prague, and Prague -> Paris flights were all £30-40 each, though I paid £70 for train from Paris to London), and I'm AirBNBing everywhere (£20-30 a night) so it's the GNR tickets themselves that end up being the biggest expense :/

I made the same "mistake" back in 2012 when I bought a bunch of tickets for Euro shows after a brilliant Atlantic City gig, though I did end up getting something out of each of those shows (meeting Axl in Glasgow, seeing Izzy twice in London, spending another few days in Serbia after loving it my first time the previous year).

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Izzy is there tonight :izzy:

Playing Silkworms and Goodnight Tonight while Beta is dancing with a tambourine which looks like an enchilada?