John Bonham

GNFNR 2016 Tour Thread - Not In This Lifetime...

Damn_Smooth    4,509

I'm still a little loopy from last night, but am I that batty of a cunt for making the points I'm making in this thread?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/213956-can-someone-in-the-know-please-explain-to-me-why-this-band-is-still-doing-fuck-all-in-terms-of-promotion/#comment-4093232

Sorry man, I can't read that shit. I'll just say that even if you weren't out of line, over there you were.

magisme    10,142

I'm still a little loopy from last night, but am I that batty of a cunt for making the points I'm making in this thread?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/213956-can-someone-in-the-know-please-explain-to-me-why-this-band-is-still-doing-fuck-all-in-terms-of-promotion/#comment-4093232

First of all, fuck you for making me click on that. I couldn't get beyond one page. Holy fucking shit that's awful. It's exactly like reading something from MLS's site. Axl has finally won. He's turned his entire fanbase into a bunch of hypersensitive pussies.

To answer your question, your points are obvious and logical. Don't let idiots convince you otherwise.

8==D    907

It's because they want to move attention away from the fact that Fortus and Frank will be there.

This

For the general public, it doesn't matter as long as Slash and Duff involved

For the hardcores, this is NuGuns

How is having 4/6th of the UYI lineup "nu Guns"? 

GUNNER    3,542

Can someone tell me why people are still bitching about promotion right now? When they announce more shows and one doesn't sell out, then we cant start bitching about promo. Promotion/advertising is to sell tickets. Smart people dn't waste money promoting if nothing left to sell.

I believe there is a lot od friction behind the scenes. I have a feeling that Axl didn't do the Kimmel show because he wanted to loose more pounds and also be able to answer all the questions about line-ups, new music, tours, etc. I don't think he felt ready.

Blah blah blaha errghr arf arf

Bad Apple    555

It's because they want to move attention away from the fact that Fortus and Frank will be there.

This

For the general public, it doesn't matter as long as Slash and Duff involved

For the hardcores, this is NuGuns

How is having 4/6th of the UYI lineup "nu Guns"? 

It was nuGuns from late '91-1992 :awesome:

as for Bobbo's thread: people over there just want to have a good time on these upcoming shows, that's all

Fuck cares about promotion... the name will sell itself and maybe this is TB's super duper strategy: keep up with the mistery (aka. "we are incompetent as a management so it's better to not do anything than doing something"  :shrugs:

bacardimayne    7,074

not real gnr unless someone gets stomped to death in the crowd

Not real GNR unless Tracci Guns Rob Gardner shows up

not real gnr unless they wheel out ole beich's skeleton and plop it down next to duff as they have a bass-off

magisme    10,142

Who are you guys even making fun of?

GNR fans

That's Nuborki-speak. I think the 400% real GNR thing is funny, but there are even fewer people like that than there are 400% devoted Axl nutters.

The truly shit GNR fans are the beaten wives who now seem to make up the majority.

John Bonham    7,426

May 14 - Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA confirmed.

When is the first show, I'm tired of waiting for Axl to hit the stage.
Seven and One Half Weeks Until the First Show. :axl:

magisme    10,142

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-hopes-steven-adler-and-izzy-stradlin-will-be-part-of-guns-n-roses-reunion/

:rofl-lol:

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-hopes-steven-adler-and-izzy-stradlin-will-be-part-of-guns-n-roses-reunion/

They're not a bunch of teenagers in 1985. They're not going to hash it out over some beers at a midnight diner.

Duff, Slash, and Axl all have cultivated their own images and brands post-GNR. And by pretty much all accounts the contract situation was a mess when they split.

Could it all fall apart pretty easily? Sure. But I don't know what else you were expecting, especially considering the modern state of the music business.

Bobbo    703

Can't say I'm surprised really :shrugs:. As long as Team Brazil's not running the whole, entire show, I'll be happy...

magisme    10,142

Can't say I'm surprised really :shrugs:. As long as Team Brazil's not running the whole, entire show, I'll be happy...

Lack of surprise is exactly why I'm laughing. This whole thing is so cynical and stale. I wonder how many corporate advertisement props they'll have on stage.

GUNNER    3,542

Where did you found this, João?

Rumored dates
May 26 - Rock in Rio, Lisbon, Portugal

RIR is scheduled for May 19, 20, 27, 28, 29 ... I would add 21 (saturday), not 26 (thursday).

Sem_T_tulo.jpg