John Bonham

Winds of Winter or Chinese Democracy II

EstrangedTWAT    1,205

At least we've seen evidence that some of Winds of Winter exists.

Other than a handful of people like Baz and BBF nobody can even verify if CD2 is anything but an urban legend....like Slender Man.

JaremyRykker    97

At least we've seen evidence that some of Winds of Winter exists.

Other than a handful of people like Baz and BBF nobody can even verify if CD2 is anything but an urban legend....like Slender Man.

I believe CDII exists. I also believe it's mostly crap though.

Amazon had a leaked release date of March for TWoW - could have been false though, was never confirmed. I had heard 1,500 pages were done, I'd believe 2,600 though as it's been enough fucking time. I still haven't watched S6, at this point I'll count myself lucky if TWoW is out by S7 of the show. I am not terribly eager to watch the show though, so much bullshit, and not worth ruining things from the book IMO.

magisme    10,127

FFS, guys. We established pre-Christmas through extensive scientific experiments and mathematical models that CD2 100% objectively does not exist. Stop it.

bacardimayne    7,065

it'll get finished one way or another

iirc he gave hbo a sparknotes version to do the show around so if he dies, they'll just keep the series going using those

Rovim    127

CD ll exists, but it is probably not the next Guns album. Axl will come back to it with a bunch of new Slash leads and will figure out what works with him and Duff so it can better reflect this line up and his latest musical vision. Then, and only then, it will be time to think about a release date.

Edited by Rovim

Rovim    127

Axl himself, and if you think he just lied about it, how about the fact Andy Wallace mixed 30 tunes so at least 16 unreleased songs exist.

Or what about the fact Axl played some unreleased tunes for Slash and Duff, or Beltrami who did orchestration for some of the tunes, even talking about what he worked on and his favorite track that is still unreleased.

Izzy talking about Down By The Ocean, etc.

Edited by Rovim

Rovim    127

this just in

Axl played "Jam" for Slash and Duff

cd2 exists

Sure... you hire people like Beltrami to orchestrate "jams". You hire Andy Wallace to mix 14 completed tunes, but also ask him to mix 16 more "jams".

You hire guitar players like Bumblefoot to add his guitars to every single track on Chinese, then he gets interviewed and repeatedly states he played on about 30 completed songs but no... everyone is lying. Just Jams. I don't know if you actually believe it doesn't exist, but if you do, sad for you.

Edited by Rovim

bacardimayne    7,065

this just in

Axl played "Jam" for Slash and Duff

cd2 exists

Sure... you hire people like Beltrami to orchestrate "jams". You hire Andy Wallace to mix 14 completed tunes, but also ask him to mix 16 more "jams".

You hire guitar players like Bumblefoot to add his guitars to every single track on Chinese, then he gets interviewed and repeatedly states he played on about 30 completed songs but no... everyone is lying. Just Jams. I don't know if you actually believe it doesn't exist, but if you do, sad for you.

i'm sure there are untold amounts of instrumental tracks recorded by the session musicians

that doesn't mean squat when fat, shit axl hasn't recorded any vocals on them (which is the only thing that would make them objectively gnr songs) and is more interested in remixing the 16 songs he's recorded in the past 25 years than he is in going to the studio again

also - is it really sad for me? even if the songs did exist (which they objectively do not), neither of us will ever hear them, so it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Edited by bacardimayne

Rovim    127

i'm sure there are untold amounts of instrumental tracks recorded by the session musicians

that doesn't mean squat when fat, shit axl hasn't recorded any vocals on them (which is the only thing that would make them objectively gnr songs) and is more interested in remixing the 16 songs he's recorded in the past 25 years than he is in going to the studio again

also - is it really sad for me? even if the songs did exist (which they objectively do not), neither of us will ever hear them, so it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Neither of us can tell the future. Axl is handicapped when it comes to releasing music, but it's not impossible.

Edited by Rovim

magisme    10,127

I'm gonna go ahead and call Buckethead's Pikes CD2 - CD3000 since that's objectively all that exists in the vault.

The Russian hackers are part of the reason why we have this objective knowledge, btw. They did hack the vault. They found it objectively devoid of GNR songs. No Axl vocals after 1999. They also added that CD was an objectively awful and embarrassing album.

bran    2,524

Not to be morbid but what happens if George R. R.  Martin dies before the books are released? 

Basically Game of Thrones will be the closest thing we will get to a completed story. Martin said no one will finish his stories but him, which is sad. Robert Jordan who wrote the "Wheel of Time" books passed away before finishing the story, but he left a lot of extremely detailed notes to how the story would wrap up, and his wife contacted Brandon Sanderson(who is a big name in fantasy right now, but was still relatively unknown at the time) to finish the books. I just hope Martin finishes the story but to me there is no way two books will do it.

GUNNER    3,537

Chd2 exist has a bunch of songs or unfinished songs.

Problem is theres no new Estranged, NR, Wttj among those songs, or they would already have released the album.

The question is, at least theres some decent songs or its all crap like silkworms and scraped?

Edited by GUNNER