Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Bonham

Angry Anderson Wants to Help Axl and Slash Get Back Together

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news//blog/angry-slashs-new-therapist/20100607-8t00.html

Aussie rock legend Angry Anderson would love to see Axl and Slash get back together. Byron Cooke for Triple M's Radar Radio asked Slash how he felt about that.

"He's got a valid point," admitted Slash. "[but] we just haven't talked, Axl and I, and no efforts have been made on either side to get that together. I figure, if something's supposed to happen it will and if it's not, it won't."

The Rose Tattoo legend is actually a good mate of both Slash and Axl (how many people can say that!) and he remains hopeful the pair will see the wisdom in reigniting the passion they had for one another.

The former Guns N' Roses guitarist did appreciate Angry's words of wisdom. "I appreciate Angry's take on it because he's a sensible guy. From his perspective [getting back together] seems reasonable. And he is friends with both of us."

However, Slash really saw only one way it would ever happen. "What it really needs is a lot of expensive therapy," he laughed.

Angry Anderson holding an intervention between Axl and Slash? Now that's a reality TV show just waiting to happen!

Video here: http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news//blog/angry-slashs-new-therapist/20100607-8t00.html

This is a great news story. Maybe the conflict has peaked and is working its way down.

I'd like them to reconcile their differences as long as it means nothing more than Slash replacing Ashba in the current band and continuing to play songs from CD.

I'd like them to reconcile their differences as long as it means nothing more than Slash replacing Ashba in the current band and continuing to play songs from CD.

i nearly choked on my tea when i read this, seems a trite unfair to slash, no? is he now meant to be a lapdog too? lol

... i get it, your jking :P

Do you all really think Axl is gonna try to attempt another US tour?

Without Slash?

Without a new album?

I am astonished that anyone would actually believe that Angry Anderson would have a shot at getting Slash and Axl to talk when Marc Canter, who has known both Axl and Slash longer and better than Angry, could not.

Ali

Are you for real? :smiley-monkey:

If AA can achieve the unachieveable and get Axl to mend fences with Slash - the entire original lineup would be back - and that would be awesome.

As for the chances of it happening - we can only hope.

I laughed at the "reality show" comment though - now THAT would be an interesting show to watch.

Do you think Axl will hook up with Angry Anderson again when they hit Sydney? It seems like they had a blast last time.

The Guns N' Roses 2007 trek through Australia ended on a very high note with two sold-out shows in Sydney at the Acer Arena this past weekend.

Over 10,000 fans attended each concert, and as an added bonus, at each show GN'R performed the Rose Tattoo classic "Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N' Roll)" with none other than Angry Anderson.

With Axl and Angry trading off verses and singing the choruses together, it was truly a magical jam with scorching sonic energy coming off the stage -- the proverbial icing on the cake for an amazing series of concerts.

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070625&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when and if AA tries to talk Axl into a reunion :awesome:

Do you think Axl will hook up with Angry Anderson again when they hit Sydney? It seems like they had a blast last time.

lol not now. Angry's officially on Axl's shit list now, I'm sure.

why?^

Axl doesn't strike me as exactly open to discussions about reuniting with Slash. I could certainly be wrong, but I'd think someone trying to talk to him about it would piss him off, that's all . . .

Yeah have fun. Don't forge to come here and tell us how this band owns the old one live.

Oh yeah, they realy do! They play Slash and Izzy's parts so good, oh yes they do! Yuh huh they do! Yeah DJ Ashba! Wooo! Ron!! Woo!! Axl sings so good now, HE'S BACK!! Yeah!! Hopefully they'll play The Simpsons theme tune or something else that's realy shit, yeah!! Woo, rock and roll HE'S BACK!!!

:thumbsup:

Yeah have fun. Don't forge to come here and tell us how this band owns the old one live.

Oh yeah, they realy do! They play Slash and Izzy's parts so good, oh yes they do! Yuh huh they do! Yeah DJ Ashba! Wooo! Ron!! Woo!! Axl sings so good now, HE'S BACK!! Yeah!! Hopefully they'll play The Simpsons theme tune or something else that's realy shit, yeah!! Woo, rock and roll HE'S BACK!!!

:thumbsup:

That's right. And it's not the Simpsons theme, it's the Pink Panther.

What if Robin comes out as a surprise?!?!?!? That will be epic. I think I would cry if I heard him play the "Better" riff. That is old school new GNR baby!!!

What if Robin comes out as a surprise?!?!?!? That will be epic. I think I would cry if I heard him play the "Better" riff. That is old school new GNR baby!!!

"old school new GNR."

Look where we got.

Remember when we all wanted our hair cuts just like Paul Tobias' in 2001? Damn those were some great memories! He saved the band, and inked Back Off Bitch! Not to mention his layered guitar on Sympathy for the Devil. I remember hearing it and thinking, wow! Who is the guitarist layered over Slash's guitar!?! He sounds like the future of rock!

lol, old school new gnr :thumbsup:

i know why you wrote this, you just wanted a lot of responses, right?