John Bonham

What does it mean to "start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard"

MIA    600

They released Chinese Democracy in 2008.

They just released a live album a few months ago.

Next up is the second half of Chinese, and then the remix album.

That's 4 albums right there.

The band post-Slash has been just as productive as the classic-era formation.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65960

Hard to believe people kept fantasizing about that remix album longer than a few minutes after it was first mentioned. Bad idea in the aftermath of CD's release and laughable in 2015 and beyond.

How many remix albums are released when the actual album itself is in dollar stores?

Never understood the infatuation with that idea.

Some funny posts in that thread. People acting like Ron's departure is going to have this massive impact on whether or not CD II gets released.

Nigeria is crumbling, the world as we know it will never be the same.. And nobody cared, because everybody was waiting for a reunion.. Why did Axl kill Nigeria ?

#sufferingiseasywhenitssoeasytobecoolyeahitssoeasytobefamishedwhenyougotashitloadoffood

#AxlVsNigeria

#NigeriaLost

#JeSuisNigeria

#Axlatemyfood

John Bonham    7,425

tumblr_m849f9LcZY1qcs7kp.gif

We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard.

MIA    600

The comments are even funnier(and stranger) in hindsight knowing that he may have already been putting feelers out for the reunion at that point.

IMO the project was abandoned after the 08 fiasco of CD's release. That interview in 09 with Del was very revealing. When Del asked about the second album, Axl's response was.....

Don't know, don't care.

I no longer believed it had any real chance of coming out after he said that. It went from a supposed grand vision to releasing a virtual beer coaster containing horrid mixes of the leaks with a few extras. After that, going by his own words, he didn't care.

I believed him.

Had three more leaks happened before its release, we wouldn't have heard anything new. They just needed enough songs to fill a CD. Ron mentioned lobbying for Atlas Shrugged to be on the album but it was a 'no go' since they already had enough songs to fill out the album. 

What a vision....

It'll never cease to amaze me that the skwerl leak wound up being better than the album itself even though it's less songs.

MIA    600

Hell...they should just release that clip Izzy posted as the new single. Wont chart any lower than the CD singles.

Major Mayhem    525

IMO the project was abandoned after the 08 fiasco of CD's release. That interview in 09 with Del was very revealing. When Del asked about the second album, Axl's response was.....

Don't know, don't care.

I no longer believed it had any real chance of coming out after he said that. It went from a supposed grand vision to releasing a virtual beer coaster containing horrid mixes of the leaks with a few extras. After that, going by his own words, he didn't care.

I believed him.

What a vision....

Optimistically, I would say adding Slash back to the mix is Axl Rose's way of compromising with the record company to get CD 2 out. Of course, if it's done then he doesn't really need Slash or Duff to record anything for it. So, when they seriously looked into releasing CD 2, did they say,

"never mind"?

Which is exactly what I want to say to this band, specifically the singer.

GUNNER    3,538
They'll release an album to tour in 2017, but that's not the same album Axl was supposedly talking when he said they were "looking very seriously at what they were doing in that regard"

Maybe he was just looking very seriously about not doing anything at all with the other guys. ;)

GUNNER    3,538
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:23 PM, GUNNER said:
They'll release an album to tour in 2017

Cucked again

John Bonham    7,425

Rose admitted: “It’s hard to write things in a way that doesn’t look like you’re being negative to everyone else and calling them a liar.”

John Bonham    7,425
On 2/6/2015 at 11:29 AM, John Bonham said:

I for one, expect Axl never to reference this comment again, and file it under "lay some tracks on Facebook," and "ready for something you haven't had yet."