John Bonham

Re-Release of BETTER single

67 posts in this topic

why do you think they left paul out?  he's as much gnr as finck and bucket.  and josh freese too, for that matter.  he has a songwriting credit on CD, and that's more than BBF or Fortus could claim.

why do you think they left paul out? he's as much gnr as finck and bucket. and josh freese too, for that matter. he has a songwriting credit on CD, and that's more than BBF or Fortus could claim.

They forgot Gary Sunshine as well :(

why do you think they left paul out?  he's as much gnr as finck and bucket.  and josh freese too, for that matter.  he has a songwriting credit on CD, and that's more than BBF or Fortus could claim.

Too bad the amazing songwriter and better than Slash guitarist Paul Huge Tobias wasn't on the video. Would love to see some Rock in Rio 3 footage mixed with BH 2002 footage + 2006 tour footage. The GNR family (which supports Adler 100% on his recovery) is so big!

1 person likes this

To give HRS and Maynard one more reason to bitch about.

Stop bitching about other posters and stay on topic.

one thing i think is interesting about better... this melody inside of me still searches for solution... a broken heart provides the spark for my determination.  i like how these lyrics are about his desire to express himself and turn his grief into great music.  i feel like so much of the album is about axl's desire to make a great album.  

To give HRS and Maynard one more reason to bitch about.

Stop bitching about other posters and stay on topic.

I`m not bitching, I`m just stating a simple fact see the difference ?

He didn't like playing in front of a lot of people and touring.  

I always thought that was just spin.

He was kicked out of the band by Tommy and Del.

i know why he left the band.  i meant why wasn't he pictured in the video along with everyone else who was in the band from 2001-2008

I always thought that was just spin.

He was kicked out of the band by Tommy and Del.

OH i never heard he was kicked out

that is news to me

he was not that good as a guitarist but he was a decent song writer

Fortus is much better

SHow of hands? How many of you loved BETTER when you first heard it in 2006-8?

Great vocals from Axl IMO.

Nah.

I've always had the sense that I was the first to know that CD sucked since I thought the demos sucked.

Where's sixes? "The demos were good" must be somewhere on the GNR fan myth list.

1 person likes this

I would argue that the Better leak was the pinnacle of GNR post 90's. Either that or the impromptu Axl interview on the Eddie Trunk radio hour. Where we are at now is like season 49 of The Simpsons. Pull the plug already.

7 hours ago, John Bonham said:

SHow of hands? How many of you loved BETTER when you first heard it in 2006-8?

Great vocals from Axl IMO.

I loved the 2006 "Better" that leaked. I had that bitch on repeat for hours. It was just fuckin' cool to hear Axl's voice again on a new song. It seemed like all the years of bullshit were over and it was a new beginning. Little did we know.

2 people like this

Agreed. I remember discovering a fan made video for better when it leaked. I was blown away. Definitely some of the best lyrics in CD. As much as like it, I rarely listen to it anymore though.