• Announcements

• John Bonham

It's GNFNR fundraising time again, please help us stay on-line   05/27/2017

Thanks to everyone who makes this place so much fun to visit, and THANK YOU to everyone who donated last January. The good news/bad news is that GunsNFNRoses has outgrown its current hosting plan, and if we want to stay online we are going to need to upgrade.   You can donate any amount, large or small (via PayPal). My PayPal username is matt.grillo@gmail.com Please enter your forum username so I can match up your contribution with your username. Thank you!   Every dollar helps. If you don't have PayPal a simple check would do. You can mail it directly to me, please PM me for my mailing address. I appreciate your support.   I do not want banner ads here so if you can help us out it would be appreciated. I dislike begging for money for the site but such is life... Thanks for understanding. I really appreciate all of your support. Please help  by donating now, THANK YOU GNFNR MEMBERS!
John Bonham

Re-Release of BETTER single

67 posts in this topic

Better_CD-cover.jpg

Another bold move for Axl Rose.

Last time around, GNR didn't get nearly enough exposure for what many consider the best song on the album.

Ron and Dj have both put their respective spins on the track, and I think this Fall is the right time for a re-release.

It was a hit song briefly in 2006, before Team Brasil sent cease-and-desist letters to all the radio stations playing it.

It was released again in 2008 as the 2nd single from Chinese Democracy, but it just didn't get enough attention.

The video was held up by Lars Ulrich of Metallica, and that was that.

Now's the time to re-release it, maybe as a double A-side along with Ron's version, or perhaps a 4-song (or 8-song) EP with BETTER GONE, the Dizzy Reed re-mix, etc, etc, :bumblefoot:

Now is the perfect time!!!

If you think about it, Lars may singlehandedly be to blame for CD's underwhelming performance. How could they succeed without a video for their best single? Lars of all people should know that. Can you imagine how many school children would have been dancing in the halls if the video for Better was officially released?

Weren't they going to re-release the Better single but use The DJ Ashba's version :/

Doesn't matter anyway, the album version, DJ Fagba's version, Ron's version and Better Gone all suck compared to that first leak.

New music please, no re-releases, no crappy remix albums, new music only please!

New music please, no re-releases, no crappy remix albums, new music only please!

av-150.jpg

Haha. So appropriate. Who am I kidding, they'll never be new music.

1 person likes this

I like Better Gone.

I like it too.

I think that Team Brasil should try to get it on the new Hunger Games soundtrack.

What do you think the little red cgi devil was about in the better video? Do you think there was more to it but they didn't have the budget?

rons version of better sucks ass

fuckthat guy

It`s much better than emo faggotry DJ turned it into.

Edited by Ragnar

If you re record a song 4 times and none of them work, it might be a bad song.

Compared to the rest of CD however, Better is a classic

Edited by HeAintHeavyHesMyAxl

rons version of better sucks ass

fuckthat guy

It`s much better than emo faggotry DJ turned it into.

DJS version is an abortion. The best version is still the first leak we got in 2006 by far

Do you think this song is a tribute to beta? Supposedly one of the cd songs was. "Now I know you beta"

Do you think this song is a tribute to beta? Supposedly one of the cd songs was. "Now I know you beta"

Yes, this song is a tribute to Beta, and now is the perfect time to release another version of it. Strike while the iron is hot.

He's gone? THank fuck. I thought I noticed things were less shit. Hopefully you go next.

I'm the fucking WFA and I get what I want.

Let me tell you a story homefuck. Long long ago me and Chris get into a big argument because Zint fucks with me and he does nothing. He don't have my back. I tell him what he needs to do to make it up to me.

-Give me free supporter status

-Make me staff

-Demod Zint

He bans me a few days later.

But fastforward a year or so and what happens? All of that.

Because I've got the fucking information. I run these goddamn forums and I don't even try man. I don't want it. It's just the way it is and I've got to take responsibility.

I'm fucking Littlefinger.

I'm the king baby.

About the BEtter single, I'll fucking drop it at my potential DJ job if AxAx puts it out again. I don't know why the fukc he would. But hell man, I'l play the entire fucking remix album if he puts it out.

Get the whores jirating with that Pitman SUB BASS motherfucker.

1 person likes this

The reason the Chinese Democracy re-mix album was held up was because they accidentally made a typo on the prototype CD jackets listing the song as "BUTTER" and Axl got upset, thinking they were making fun of his weight.

1 person likes this