Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

Please support gay marriage.

I know everyone will accuse me of being gay or whatnot, but I'm trying to be real here.

Gay or straight everyone needs someone. We are social creatures. Whether you're gay, straight, bisexual or whatever it is none of my business and I don't care, nor do I want to hear about your relationships and sex life. The point is that this is the most unreasonable intolerance I've ever seen. It doesn't really define who you are. What defines you is your personality, and while being gay is part of that, it exactly define who you are.

I know this doesn't make sense but I just urge people to be in someone else's shoes for once.

Thanks.

I know everyone will accuse me of being gay or whatnot, but I'm trying to be real here.

Gay or straight everyone needs someone. We are social creatures. Whether you're gay, straight, bisexual or whatever it is none of my business and I don't care, nor do I want to hear about your relationships and sex life. The point is that this is the most unreasonable intolerance I've ever seen. It doesn't really define who you are. What defines you is your personality, and while being gay is part of that, it exactly define who you are.

I know this doesn't make sense but I just urge people to be in someone else's shoes for once.

Thanks.

i really cant see how anybody would be against gay marriage, my grandfather was gay and it was a big weight off his chest when he came out i guess when my dad was a kid he tried to kill himself

Because his old man was gay?

no my dads father tried to kill himself when my dad was a kid

Thanks.

I honestly think this is the best post I've ever read from you. :thumbsup:

I support equal rights for everyone, age, race, sexuality. Everything. And I have several gay people in my family and friends, so it sucks to see them discriminated against. I think it's stupid that people on other forums are cool with calling Axl fat, or a woman beater, or several other things, but when it comes to questioning his sexuality, that thread gets closed. And sexuality isn't even a negative thing! Sickening. :facepalm:

Because his old man was gay?

no my dads father tried to kill himself when my dad was a kid

OH sorry dude I just read that wrong big time.

np lol

Is there a single person who agree's with their decision to lock that thread? Just curious.

Edited by Broskirose

No doubt. The fact that the sanctity of marriage has been used as an argument is a joke.

And it should be another argument to the separation of church and state, and the government delving into our social lives.

No doubt. The fact that the sanctity of marriage has been used as an argument is a joke.

And it should be another argument to the separation of church and state, and the government delving into our social lives.

basically all of new england allows same sex marriage except i think vermont, and i totally agree about the government delving into our social lives i mean whose buisness is it who we sleep with or love?

Can't say I'm glad they locked it, but I can't claim to give a shit either. Topics are locked every day. A wide variety of them. And with every locked topic, a new topic comes along to replace it. It's the circle of topic life, and that's the way it will always be. :shrugs:

Seriously.. Who cares.. Its the correct thing to believe, although I am sick of all the "correctness and promotion" that goes on these days.. We know gay people exist, they're everywhere (which is fine), and they usually very nice people.. Whats the big deal.. Why even divide it.. Its people who love, like the rest..

Chill out.. Old news.. I personally think that it often creates more damage or hate, to divide it up as gay or straight or promoting one or the other, be it on TV, showing support or the opposite.. It just creates divition, where all there really should be said is, they are people.. !

On a sidenote, I don't get the "I change my voice and act like a little bitch gay people", its like a societal psychological effect, that they change voice and adapt personality to be "feminine" and thus freak out over a spider or whatever it might be.. I don't understand it, and to me its the most plausible explanation.. Thoughts ?

On a sidenote, I don't get the "I change my voice and act like a little bitch gay people", its like a societal psychological effect, that they change voice and adapt personality to be "feminine" and thus freak out over a spider or whatever it might be.. I don't understand it, and to me its the most plausible explanation.. Thoughts ?

At least sometimes false. I knew people who honestly did not know they are gay, but everybody else did. They were very effeminate in their voice and mannerisms for a very long time. It was only much later that they realized about themselves that they were gay, and it was a hard pill for them to swallow. But once they accepted that, they were the same people who acted the same way, except they dated guys now instead of girls who were looking for someone safe who wouldn't press them for sex and would spend their money on them. If you are to be truly tolerant of gays, then you will have to be accepting and tolerant of the "act like a little bitch gay people" as you put it so nicely, because that's who many of them are, and they come by it honestly.

Also, I know I won't gain any friends over here with this, but I agree with the decision to lock the thread. Nate, maybe you did mean it sincerely as a serious topic of discussion. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, virtually everything else you post over there (and here) is said tongue-in-cheek or you are mocking somebody or something or saying something to build up your loser image so you get attention and a few laughs. I also think this is funny most of the time. However, it makes it very hard to take you seriously. You can't spend all your time being the jester then all the sudden flip an internal switch and be super cereal and expect everybody to understand and accept that. So your thread read like, "Yo guys, how often do you think Axl got buttfucked by Slash herp derp." And when you read it like that, which most people did, it comes across as a disrespectful mockery of gay people. And since that's how it comes across, it makes it seem discriminatory, which is against the rules of the forum and of decency. So yes, the right decision was made. Sorry Nate, you did this to yourself, whether you wanted the thread to be taken seriously or not. If you do want yourself to be sometimes taken seriously, then slowly work on presenting yourself as a serious person with a big sense of humor, and eventually people will be able to appreciate you for both your jokes and your serious discussion.

lol arnold. I also think it's stupid to have anything against gay people. I don't care if they get married, but if it helps they'll help my support.

Only immorals believe that gay mariage shouldn't be allowed. It's like, whatever man, if it makes you happy... As long as they don't bother me with it.

DirtyDeeds.. I respect them and are tolerant, though I must admit I do not understand that part of it, so I speak of it honestly.. And when you are a kid, you never see boys go "whoooopsieee, I can't believe that happened omg.. Hihihi", you know, so I tend to think its a psychological effect to become more feminine in state of mind, rather than "its just who they are", I am who I am, but I can make my voice lighter or deeper.. It seems like a conscious thing that becomes a habit, which happens with a lot of similar things. Now, sexuality wise, we definately agree, but as far as, "I have a lot of friends who have done this and could'nt help it", I think my take on it is just as valid, if not more. Basically based on that we don't start out that way and thus it being a societal effect is plausible. Btw. I too have gay friends, but they know that "my ignorance" is not made of ill will.. I am just me, and they respect it, like I respect them.

I DO NOT think this thread should be closed, no matter the intention from Nate, it creates debate and makes people grow a little wiser.. I enjoy that, no matter the topic or differences of opinion (Besides I do not think you should judge Nate on seriousity nor where the line is, because your only fueling the division and lack of understanding on the subject, if you do that)

Do we have any gay people here who would like to share they're opinions to a rugged crowd ?

Half the replies were from the regular goofs who were making jokes. The thread never had an ounce of integrity or respect.

As for they don't start out effeminate, that's often true, but I also know people who did, or at least from about 3rd grade on. And the jury is still out on my brother; in that case I'd say it's lifelong! :lol: But all that is anecdotal. Effeminate behaviors aren't really quantifiable.

Gays don't want equal rights, because they already have equal rights. They want more.

Heterosexual people are allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex

Homosexual people are allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex

As you can see both have equal rights.

:CoolFace: