Barry

Bill's biggest mistake, coming out of retirement!

234 posts in this topic

Most of the fans, on the boards, they're to young to know, but Axl Rose was once the king of rock. In fact, it was only in about 2000, that he was hailed as either "The madman, or the messiah of Rock!"

My question is, should he have left as a legend, or should he have come back, fat, ugly, and a shit singer?

1 person likes this

But all of this would be null if he reunited, right? This thread and your ugly sentiments are pure fail.

But all of this would be null if he reunited, right? This thread and your ugly sentiments are pure fail.

No - It's all about his output, and the quality of this - This did happen to cease around about 1991... Slash was still there at that time, Axl had his voice up until at least 1994 though...

Bill is one fat, useless washed up has-been now though.

Bill? :rofl-lol:

LOL - I also don't believe he was fucked in the ass as a 2 year old!

It's possible though.

It's more likely he gets fucked in the as now

I disagree. Underneath the condescending tone, it's actually a pretty good and fair question.

He's right. Axl literally disappeared for years when he was at the top of his game. It wasn't until 7 years or so later that he returned with a completely new band resurrected under an old band's name. Let's be real - it's been pretty fucking disappointing ever since. One lackluster album and a handful of Greatest Hits tours in 11 years?

I think this issue would have been null and void had he reunited with the original band. I don't see why that would be hard to understand unless you are truly under the belief that Axl, alone, was responsible for the 87-93 magic.If they would have reunited, we may not have gotten an AFD 2, but we likely would have gotten a strong UYI III. I would have been more than content with that.

For me, it's a no-brainer. Given what we know, I think Axl should have either went solo or retired. F*ck all this "last man standing" and "everybody walked away from me" shit. Regardless, the band who was responsible for the magic no longer exists; therefore, it shouldn't be called GNR, regardless of the circumstances behind it.

Like Vicky Hamilton said, Axl's band today may be technically proficient and capable of playing the songs, but as someone who has seen both, there is absolutely zero comparison. The magic is gone.

I disagree. Underneath the condescending tone, it's actually a pretty good and fair question.

He's right. Axl literally disappeared for years when he was at the top of his game. It wasn't until 7 years or so later that he returned with a completely new band resurrected under an old band's name. Let's be real - it's been pretty fucking disappointing ever since. One lackluster album and a handful of Greatest Hits tours in 11 years?

I think this issue would have been null and void had he reunited with the original band. I don't see why that would be hard to understand unless you are truly under the belief that Axl, alone, was responsible for the 87-93 magic.If they would have reunited, we may not have gotten an AFD 2, but we likely would have gotten a strong UYI III. I would have been more than content with that.

For me, it's a no-brainer. Given what we know, I think Axl should have either went solo or retired. F*ck all this "last man standing" and "everybody walked away from me" shit. Regardless, the band who was responsible for the magic no longer exists; therefore, it shouldn't be called GNR, regardless of the circumstances behind it.

Like Vicky Hamilton said, Axl's band today may be technically proficient and capable of playing the songs, but as someone who has seen both, there is absolutely zero comparison. The magic is gone.

Nicely put.

Bill? :rofl-lol:

LOL - I also don't believe he was fucked in the ass as a 2 year old!

I thought he said his mom confirmed it.

Source?

Where is your real father?

His brother called me right around the Stones shows, and I had my brother talk to him. I didn't talk to him, 'cause I needed to keep that separation. I haven't heard from him since. But I confronted my mom, and she finally talked to me a bit about it, and they told me that he was dead. It looks pretty much to be true that he is. He was pretty much headed for that anyway. A very unsavory character. I've had a problem with not wanting to be him. I had to be macho. I couldn't allow myself to be a real man, because men were evil, and I didn't want to be like my father. Around the Stones shows, some paper in L.A. wrote this piece about how "The truth will come out about Axl's anger," and they were making it look like I was trying to hide something. I wasn't trying to hide it. I didn't know what had happened to me. I wouldn't allow myself to know. I wouldn't have been able to handle it.

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=56

Now that I'm reading it back, I think I extrapolated too much from it. There was another interview, I think, but I don't remember which one. :shrugs:

His biggest mistake wasn't coming out of retirement, it's the fact that he tries to pretend Guns N' Roses still exists. He should have just gone solo.

I still think Axl is a great singer. He has his bad days like everybody else does, but you're acting like he always sounds like he did at Rio.

Edited by Chloe

His brother called me right around the Stones shows, and I had my brother talk to him. I didn't talk to him, 'cause I needed to keep that separation. I haven't heard from him since. But I confronted my mom, and she finally talked to me a bit about it, and they told me that he was dead. It looks pretty much to be true that he is. He was pretty much headed for that anyway. A very unsavory character. I've had a problem with not wanting to be him. I had to be macho. I couldn't allow myself to be a real man, because men were evil, and I didn't want to be like my father. Around the Stones shows, some paper in L.A. wrote this piece about how "The truth will come out about Axl's anger," and they were making it look like I was trying to hide something. I wasn't trying to hide it. I didn't know what had happened to me. I wouldn't allow myself to know. I wouldn't have been able to handle it.

Now that I'm reading it back, I think I extrapolated too much from it. There was another interview, I think, but I don't remember which one. :shrugs:

Yeah, maybe you did, that quote doesn't confirm anything.

The thing is, a lot of people in the 90s were being exploited with the whole "Dad fucked you in ass" thing.

Bill got fucked in the ass alright, but it was his own cock that did that.

Brilliant post. Couldn't agree more with everything you said.

The thing is, a lot of people in the 90s were being exploited with the whole "Dad fucked you in ass" thing.

Eh, it all kind of makes sense. Up until recently, I thought it was all a farce, too, but it makes more sense that it did happen to him than it didn't. he describes himself in that interview as basically initially having an Oedipus Complex (of sorts), and then it went downhill to misogyny, and that part makes sense. As for the getting fucked in the ass thing, well, it would make sense why he was so jumpy around gay people, then, y'know? I know there are people who weren't molested as a child who are homophobes, but I don't know. Those people aren't Freddie Mercury and Elton John fans. . .

And, I mean, what could have possibly resulted from that exchange he was describing between his mom and him. If he confronted her about his dad and she "told him a few details," I guess that's not a complete confirmation, but it's closer to a confirmation than a rejection, y'know? I mean, that coupled with his famous Chicago rant. I don't know.

I'm starting to ramble now. Sorry if what I'm trying to articulate makes no sense. :lol:

Axl used to be able to fucking SING!!! Not only that, he was a GREAT singer!!!

NOW!!! He is FUCK ALL BUT A JOKE!!!

Just like his cancerous supporters!

Eh, it all kind of makes sense. Up until recently, I thought it was all a farce, too, but it makes more sense that it did happen to him than it didn't. he describes himself in that interview as basically initially having an Oedipus Complex (of sorts), and then it went downhill to misogyny, and that part makes sense. As for the getting fucked in the ass thing, well, it would make sense why he was so jumpy around gay people, then, y'know? I know there are people who weren't molested as a child who are homophobes, but I don't know. Those people aren't Freddie Mercury and Elton John fans. . .

And, I mean, what could have possibly resulted from that exchange he was describing between his mom and him. If he confronted her about his dad and she "told him a few details," I guess that's not a complete confirmation, but it's closer to a confirmation than a rejection, y'know? I mean, that coupled with his famous Chicago rant. I don't know.

I'm starting to ramble now. Sorry if what I'm trying to articulate makes no sense. :lol:

Sorry, but you don't.