Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GNR123GNR456

Piers Morgan Defends Axl Rose.

49 posts in this topic

Well, leave it to CNN to give you a slanted version of the facts.

Judging by Piers' comments, you'd think that Axl bailed on the HOF because he's this uncontrollable rebel that doesn't believe in formalized institutions or what the Rock Hall stands for.

Nowhere did he mention that he bailed because he couldn't stand the thought of being in the same room as his ex-guitar player. Plus, did I miss the article that said Axl ripped up his invitation? Or was that more BS added to make for a more controversial piece?

Edited by BBA

Judging by Piers' comments, you'd think that Axl bailed on the HOF because he's this uncontrollable rebel that doesn't believe in formalized institutions or what the Rock Hall stands for.

Nowhere did he mention that he bailed because he couldn't stand the thought of being in the same room as his ex-guitar player. Plus, did I miss the article that said Axl ripped up his invitation? Or was that more BS added to make for a more controversial piece?

I hate when people act like they know somebody they never met.

Axl was chicken shit and wouldn't even mention Slash's name, even though Slash is the SINGLE actual reason he did not attend.

In fairness I think he was just trying to give a RnR analogy... it was a good piece and entertaining. He's right to an extent though... A lot of the reason we all love Axl are probably some of the same reasons we do not like him or get frustrated with him. I respect Axl's decision, do I wish he would have showed up of course. But he didnt

Coming from mister bullshit himself.

I don't get why you won't just shut the hell up to be honest.

I've seen women throwing panties and shit at Axl who weren't half as obsessed as you are.

But thanks for the lulz anyway :CoolFace:

I've seen women throwing panties and shit at Axl who weren't half as obsessed as you are.

:facepalm:

Hey arnold, got laid :CoolFace: ?

Hey arnold, got laid :CoolFace: ?

No.

No.

Ok.

Mhmmm.

If you really tried as many drugs as you said I respect you anyway, milk or no milk. I love tripping on MDMA and shrooms.

Edited by UcudBmine

No.

Ok.

Mhmmm.

If you really tried as many drugs as you said I respect you anyway, milk or no milk. I love tripping on MDMA and shrooms.

For drugs, cheers! :thumbsup:

These dopes that defended Axl think he did something really cool and rock n' roll not showing up.

Little do they know he inducted Elton John, accepted an MTV Video Vangaurd award, and was about to go to the HOF until he chickened out.

I would agree wholeheartedly with Piers's comments if he hadn't misinterpreted some of Axl's intentions with regards to the HOF. Axl said in both his statements that he had extensive discussions with the HOF. If he was so against the HOF as an institution and what it represented then he would have declined the invitation from the outset. But he didn't. His first statement, a couple of days before the induction, stated that he didn't agree with the HOF's policy with regards to which GnR members should or shouldn't be inducted.

The bottom line is this - if Slash et al didn't turn up and Axl was allowed to have his current band mates inducted with him, he would have turned up, accepted the honour and played Madagascar. Simple as that.

These dopes that defended Axl think he did something really cool and rock n' roll not showing up.

Little do they know he inducted Elton John, accepted an MTV Video Vangaurd award, and was about to go to the HOF until he chickened out.

That was back when they were letting in good bands. Then they inducted Madonna and it was all down from there.