Gunns

Brain (and Finck) played with gnr tonight

122 posts in this topic

Well, there's a picture of Brain playing congas, so that's confirmed.

421007_10150571831237723_14222457722_9481354_966422243_n.jpg

Why in Christ is he being confined to the bongos while Frank "Nightrainruiner" Ferrer is playing the drums?

Edited by bacardimayne

fuck off frank

bring back brain

Well, there's a picture of Brain playing congas, so that's confirmed.

421007_10150571831237723_14222457722_9481354_966422243_n.jpg

Why in Christ is he being confined to the bongos while Frank "Nightrainruiner" Ferrer is playing the drums?

I don't get why anyone would think that Brain is better than Frank. They're equally shitty. Listen to how they play songs like Mr Brownstone or You Could Be Mine for example. None of them are capable of playing them well. They both suck.

Pretty simple : the people who love Chinese usually couldn't care less whether the AFD covers sound like the original songs.

Brain sucks ? Maybe at being a rock n' roll drummer but he's still one of the best fusion/alternative drummer in the world so unless one considers NuGnR to be the same as old GnR ( which it ain't ) : who cares ?

Same reason some people are ok with having Buckethead in NuGnR : it's not the same band.

Pretty simple : the people who love Chinese usually couldn't care less whether the AFD covers sound like the original songs.

Brain sucks ? Maybe at being a rock n' roll drummer but he's still one of the best fusion/alternative drummer in the world so unless one considers NuGnR to be the same as old GnR ( which it ain't ) : who cares ?

Same reason some people are ok with having Buckethead in NuGnR : it's not the same band.

As you might have noticed though, more than 90% of the shows contains songs from the old days, so when they can't play these songs well, they sucks as GNR drummers. Wouldn't you agree?

As you might have noticed though, more than 90% of the shows contains songs from the old days, so when they can't play these songs well, they sucks as GNR drummers. Wouldn't you agree?

I agree and I think calling this band Guns n' Roses is fucking stupid.

I wish they wouldn't rely on AFD and UYI at all and only play their own songs ( and I know nobody cares about these ) and that's the reason I'm not going to any show this year : covers are fucking boring.

I don't think Chinese is a real Guns album ( it fucking BLOWS in the Rn'R and sleaze department ) but I think it has some moments of amazing musicianship, same reason I like this band ( once again, not for being GnR ).

I agree and I think calling this band Guns n' Roses is fucking stupid.

I wish they wouldn't rely on AFD and UYI at all and only play their own songs ( and I know nobody cares about these ) and that's the reason I'm not going to any show this year : covers are fucking boring.

I don't think Chinese is a real Guns album ( it fucking BLOWS in the Rn'R and sleaze department ) but I think it has some moments of amazing musicianship, same reason I like this band ( once again, not for being GnR ).

I get what you are saying and that's fair enough, but the band is what it is now and then I think it would be good if the drummer could play the old GNR songs well, as 20 out of 25 (or whatever it is) are old songs.

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Browstone

Sorry

You're Crazy

Rocket Queen

Estranged

4tus Solo

Live and Let Die

This I Love