evader

GNFNR Covers - Locomotive (Released: Page 4)

Locomotive has more vocal lines and layers than any other GNR song, so this one is going to be fun. Who gets what part is going to be determined after all interested parties have decided they want to participate. This is because the parts can be split into 20+ or far fewer, and we need to know how many people are interested before the splits are determined. I want everyone that wants on this thing to be on it. Also, I can say with certainty that everyone that participates will be asked to sing multiple sections. Who wants in?

I'll leave "registration" open through March 11 - new date March 4, and then we'll work out who gets what. Also, I'll keep a running list below of who wants to be a part of this massive project!

-bacardimayne

-SOB

-AxlisOld

-LLTJ

-Conor

-EstrangedTWAT

-Black Sabbath

-jellyzero79

-GNRSkidRow1

-SLAA

Final mix: http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/17922-gnfnr-covers-locomotive/page__view__findpost__p__149662

Edited by Conor

I'm in. For reals this time.

I'd like to request a part somewhere in this section:

Gonna have some fun with my frustrations

Gonna watch the big screen in my head

I'd rather take a detour

'cause this road ain't gettin' clearer

Your train of thought has cut me off again

Better tame that boy 'cause he's a wild one

Better tame that boy for he's a man

Sweetheart don't make me laugh

You's gettin' too big for your pants

And I's think maybe you should

Cut out while you can

[snip]

I'm taking time quiet consolation

In passing by this love that's passed away

I know it's never easy

So why should you believe me

When I've always got so many things to say

Calling off the dogs a simple choice is made

'Cause playful hearts

Can sometimes be enraged

You know I tried to wake you

I mean how long could it take you

To open up your eyes and turn the page

As you've probably guessed by now, I can't actually sing for shit and have absolutely no interest in doing any high/raspy parts. :CoolFace:

Edited by bacardimayne

As you've probably guessed by now, I can't actually sing for shit and have absolutely no interest in doing any high/raspy parts. :CoolFace:

You sing great dude, and I'll make sure you are in a section that works best for you. As AxlisOld said, this is a hard fucking song to sing, so if I get a bit selective about some parts, don't shoot me. We'll make it work for everyone.

Suggestion: We should have like 6 or 7 people overdubbed for the ending part.

Actually, I had planned to ask everyone to record the entire "so strange" outro. I don't know if everyone will be on the final mix of it, but I have a feeling the result will be pretty spectacular.

I'm in. Not sure for which part yet, though.

I probably won't determine exactly how the parts break out until March 10 (a date I may move up if enough people commit to participate earlier). Here is how it would be split if we have 12 singers:

LocoLyrics.JPG

If there are more singers, the sections would be split more. I'd really like to get deep voices on deep parts and high voices on high parts though, so that everyone is in their comfort zone. This song is a beast, so we need to make it as simple as possible for my old ass to mix.

I'm in. Not sure for which part yet, though.

I probably won't determine exactly how the parts break out until March 10 (a date I may move up if enough people commit to participate earlier). Here is how it would be split if we have 12 singers:

LocoLyrics.JPG

If there are more singers, the sections would be split more. I'd really like to get deep voices on deep parts and high voices on high parts though, so that everyone is in their comfort zone. This song is a beast, so we need to make it as simple as possible for my old ass to mix.

I can do both, so really there are only a few parts I don't think I'd be comfortable with. But, I haven't tried to sing this track in awhile, so we'll see :thumbsup:

I was pretty sure I would be doing this mix a month ago and thought it would be fun to bring in some YouTube GNR singers to be on it and maybe get them to join the forum (elhombredeloskaraoke and "axl77" Gareth Rhodes). They are both pretty great singers IMO, but they sure aren't good at replying to messages. :(

I want to do this one. I'll sing the "Love's so strange, love's so strange" repeated part in the end with all the vocally goodness.

I'm sure we'll need as many fucking singers as possible there.

Fuck...I need to start doing heroin so I can write songs like this.

However, if you guys really wanna attempt at having everyone sing the ending, then I'd rather just sing this part:

You know I never thought

That it could take so long

You know I never knew how to be strong

Yeah, I let you shape me

But it feels as though you raped me

'Cause you climbed inside my world

And in my songs

So now I've closed the door

To keep the cold outside

Seems somehow I've found the will to live

But how can I forget you

Or try not to reject you

When we both know it takes time to forgive

I call the first part (at least)

Gonna find a way to cure this loneliness

Yeah I'll find a way to cure the pain

If I said that you're my friend

And our love would never end

How long before I had your trust again

I opened up the doors when it was cold outside

Hopin' that you'd find your own way in

But how can I protect you

Or try not to neglect you

When you won't take the love I have to give

I can do either part for 4/5; 9/10; 11/12 also.

Edited by Black Sabbath

I want the "ya know I'd like to shave your head and all my friends could paint it red!" part!!!

I guess that's number 9 on your preliminary list....I'll take anything really but that's my favorite part!

Edited by EstrangedTWAT