Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sofine11

Loaded Confirmed

36 posts in this topic

Awesome, no doubt he'll perform a song or two with Axl. The question on my mind though is, will Duff still end his show with It's So Easy? :max:

Awesome, no doubt he'll perform a song or two with Axl. The question on my mind though is, will Duff still end his show with It's So Easy? :max:

Boy, if Axl is such an asshole, and he is to blame for everything, why is it that everyone from the old band want to play with him? If he is such a failure, why does Duff want to open for him? :rolleyes:

Boy, if Axl is such an asshole, and he is to blame for everything, why is it that everyone from the old band want to play with him? If he is such a failure, why does Duff want to open for him? :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm always saying stuff like that.

duh..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that's why....

what money? CD was a flop, no? He made no impact, not relevant, why the hell is duff even there? :whistleing:

Axl is not attracting crowds and cash for Chinese Democracy. People are going there to hear Jungle, Paradise City, Nighttrain etc. They don't give a crap or a dollar to listen to Shackler's Revenge...

So simple. It's all about the money. GNR=money . Real GNR would equal even more money, but still GNR (name) >>>> $$$$ Duff

what money? CD was a flop, no? He made no impact, not relevant, why the hell is duff even there? :whistleing:

:sleeper:

The way I see it is, the band members had a personal relationship with Axl that went beyond the music. They knew Axl also as a person and friend, not just a musician. The fans didn't. We're really the ones that are affected by this either way.

The band members have stated in the past that they don't agree with Axl's decision to carry on with the GNR name. But their hands are legally tied, and they still get their royalty checks anyways. Too late to legally do anything about it now.

So just because Duff may not want to work with Axl on a regular basis, doesn't mean they can't be friends outside the industry, and jam together every now and then.

:sleeper:

They have moved on, and after a long time you forget all the bad things that happened and all the ugly words that were said. They weren't just friends, they were best friends, somewhere they lost themselves, only when time passes you can see the whole picture clearly, and at the end of the road you just want to talk and jam with your friend.

Example:

You talk , have fun, joke, drink, eat, spend time etc with a person. for a week or a summer holiday, and you start to care for him, if you see that person in a year or two you will probably be glad. Imagine now that you loved that person like a brother (hard times bring people together, and they were together through the worst), you created music with that person, not just music but history and you changed the world as we know it, you, yes you and your friends were the last rock n roll band that walked the earth, at that point everything becomes insignificant.

That's cool for the Seattle/Van folk, but I can't help but find it weird that Duff is opening for "Guns N' Roses".

Plus all this will do is ramp up reunion talk.

can you imagine bill wyman opening for a mick jagger show ? seriously, that's so idiotic from puff

Edited by Coltrane

Somewhat disappointed I decided not to go to the Vancouver show now.

i'm sure there are still plenty of tickets available :CoolFace:

They have moved on, and after a long time you forget all the bad things that happened and all the ugly words that were said. They weren't just friends, they were best friends, somewhere they lost themselves, only when time passes you can see the whole picture clearly, and at the end of the road you just want to talk and jam with your friend.

Example:

You talk , have fun, joke, drink, eat, spend time etc with a person. for a week or a summer holiday, and you start to care for him, if you see that person in a year or two you will probably be glad. Imagine now that you loved that person like a brother (hard times bring people together, and they were together through the worst), you created music with that person, not just music but history and you changed the world as we know it, you, yes you and your friends were the last rock n roll band that walked the earth, at that point everything becomes insignificant.

That's just beautiful <3 :wub:

It's now or never, Axl. This is your chance to play with your old band of bros. and still keep your new projects going. No strings attached!

I can't wait :):fingers-crossed:

Example:

It's now or never, Axl. This is your chance to play with your old band of bros. and still keep your new projects going. No strings attached!

+1 Absolutely.

You gotta figure Axl's wrestling with some major demons right now, trying to decide what he's gonna do. I know what we all want, but knowing him, it's probably a very hard and complex decision...

Example:

+1 Absolutely.

You gotta figure Axl's wrestling with some major demons right now, trying to decide what he's gonna do. I know what we all want, but knowing him, it's probably a very hard and complex decision...

He's wrestling with major demons? You're saying this based on what? I don't see how this is significantly different than having Izzy on tour with the band in Europe. That didn't lead to a reunion, did it? So, why is this ANY different?

Ali

Ali -- The RNR HOF is the perfect opportunity for Axl to play with Slash, Izzy, Duff, etc. again.

There's simply no reason for Axl not to do it.