Gunns

GNR officially inducted into Rock Hall via Eddie Trunk

185 posts in this topic

Eddie just tweeted this an hour ago--

"I have it from a very good source that @gunsnroses will get inducted for the R&R Hall 1st time eligible when officially announced this Wed."

Hopefully Axl performs there with bumble, dj and 4tus

I don't think GNR deserves it. What about U2? Are the in and if not, it should be reconsidered to them.

I don't think you are a GNR fan.

Just a troll.

I don't think GNR deserves it. What about U2? Are the in and if not, it should be reconsidered to them.

Yeah I know, having the best selling debut album off all time, that's not enough? Having many, many hits, that's not enough? 3 platinum selling albums (4 if you want to count Chinese Democracy) that's not enough? Axl and Slash are two iconic musicians. That's not enough?

Seriously, why does GN'R not deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Yeah I know, having the best selling debut album off all time, that's not enough? Having many, many hits, that's not enough? 3 platinum selling albums (4 if you want to count Chinese Democracy) that's not enough? Axl and Slash are two iconic musicians. That's not enough?

the guys on acid and his brain has melted,

he dont know what he says to the worlds , he does sos for the lulz on the interwebs

Hopefully Axl performs there with bumble, dj and 4tus

yes because they wrote so many great songs

loleq.gif

Edited by Coltrane

trunk: Of course they deserve it! But mind blowing when you consider the artists the Hall made wait decades to get in or those still not considered

Kiss, Purple, Rush, Priest, Maiden, Dio, Def Lep, Journey, Mötley & tons more eligible for years & ignored, but they put Guns 1st time? Wow!

http://twitter.com/eddietrunk

Edited by Coltrane

RnR HoF is nothing but the industry wanking over itself and always has been. It's about politics and SALES. Not artistic or critical merit, or popularity with the general music listening public.

It's a place for the fatcats to sit around and congratulate each other on how fucking rich they all are. GNR is a great example....they were five pieces of street trash that made a lot of executives way fucking RICHER.

It's meaningless.

And the actual Rock Hall in Cleveland is a joke....I've seen better memorabilia at a Hard Rock Cafe.

It's cool to see the band get any kind of mainstream recognition so long after their popularity has waned, but the nomination certainly doesn't have any deeper meaning or somehow PROVE they are better or worse than any other artist. Just means that for all the shit Axl gave people, he still managed to make the record company a shit-ton of money and somehow managed to not piss off the handful of people that decided who is "worthy" of such an "honor."

i think one of them... slash or axl is not gonna be there... Maybe Slash will get banned again like in Las Vegas...

It's true, many great bands haven't been honored yet. Bands around longer than GNR. Wouldn't have been the worst thing if they had to wait a while.

It will be Interesting to see how this plays out.

great news

AXL,Slash,Izzy,Duff,Steven,Matt and Dizzy :wub: deserve it

Kiss,Rush,Motley,Deff Leppard,Deep Purple are not in RNRHOF and whats the problem ? GUNS N ROSES were more successfull,more famous,they has better songs than any of those bands

Sorry but I don't see how it's official when it's just Eddie saying he has a good source.

RHCP will be inducted on the same night as GNR (if the judges aren't idiots), so my guess is that no reunion will happen and instead we'll see Slash performing with RHCP in John Frusciante's place and then plugging his solo album.

I don't! U2 are fucking awful!

trunk: Of course they deserve it! But mind blowing when you consider the artists the Hall made wait decades to get in or those still not considered

Kiss, Purple, Rush, Priest, Maiden, Dio, Def Lep, Journey, Mötley & tons more eligible for years & ignored, but they put Guns 1st time? Wow!

From that list, Kiss, Def Leppard, Journey (face it, they're a glorified one hit wonder) and Motley Crue do not deserve to be in. As for Dio, Ronnie James Dio should be in for his overall career, not for any specific band.

From that list, Kiss, Def Leppard, Journey (face it, they're a glorified one hit wonder) and Motley Crue do not deserve to be in. As for Dio, Ronnie James Dio should be in for his overall career, not for any specific band.

Lol at the Trunk comment. Guns were the last Rock N Roll push, and that idiot should be thankfull or else real music would have been dead since the beggining of the 80's.

What? They deserve to be in.

I know. They deserve to be in. The judges are idiots though. So don't hold your breath.

Meh. I haven't seen anything truly idiotic from them. Most of the bands they're holding out are shit.

It's because so many other bands deserve to be inducted before GNR.

LOLkiss

Hey you do know 70's Kiss rocks dont you?

From the early 80's they started selling out and the records were pure crap and always the same shit.